Notices

May 23rd newport Concours Event Newport RI

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default May 23rd newport Concours Event Newport RI

I will do my best to share what I know....

For the public the main event will be held on Sunday May 23rd and hosted at Fort Adams.... at the Fort itself NOT above area like the year prior. (much better location) Tickets are 20$ each and can be bought at the door or prior, live website I believe to be launched soon...... the organizers of this event seem eager to put on a world class event.... and heard they have some very exciting things happening that day; cars rarely seen old and new! Also there will be plenty of general public parking in the area but also -Special- parking for "special interest cars". In this area they maybe picking one special car to possibly recognize just to add some flare to that parking area.... This has not been confirmed but heard it maybe in the works about picking a car... the special parking is a GO. This special parking area will have some great cars and believe will be worth the walk through just for fun.... Almost a side show to the main event itself. Last year a similar area was riddled with Porsches, F cars, AM, Mas, old and new as well as some cool American muscle....This -Special- designated parking will be on the lawn area over looking the water with Views on the Newport bridge...and away from the general public etc...Someone will be by that entry area blocked off allowing access.

This show will have Concours level autos that are truly amazing and will rival nearly any tier one Concours event around the world with a splash of some modern era autos......if you can make one event this year I highly suggest this event. In the past they have always been top notch providing great food, vendors and autos most importantly as well as fashion + just good people.

hope that helps.... temp site up now and new one I believe coming soon.... May 23rd Mark your calendar. I believe Doors open at 10am but could be off a bit and open all day to 5pm ish.... http://www.newportconcours.org/

Quick Reply: May 23rd newport Concours Event Newport RI