Notices

Drive for the Kids (NJ/NY/CT) -- Save the Date -- Saturday May 8

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Drive for the Kids (NJ/NY/CT) -- Save the Date -- Saturday May 8

I wanted to give everyone a head's up, so that you save the date, that the next "Drive for the Kids" fundraiser will be on Saturday May 8. This is a regular Cars & Croissants date so we will coordinate our starting time and location so that this works for all C&C attendees who would like to be involved.

So, some of the newer Rennlist members may be asking "What is Drive for the Kids?" Well, my 16-year-old daughter, Samantha, organized two drives through the Somerset Hills area of central NJ last year in order to raise money for the Somerset Hills Learning Insitute (SHLI). SHLI is a school for children with autism (my son is a student there). This will be her third event. We will likely do about a 2 or 3 hour drive on country roads and end with a group lunch.

Actually, as a matter of history, C&C was actually born from the first event. After the first drive, Abi Singh and I (we met in the course of organizing the Drive) agreed that getting people together more regularly with their cars would be fun. A couple of weeks later, we held the first C&C gathering.

So, anyway, please save the date -- Saturday May 8. More details to come on entry fee, route, lunch location, sponsorship opportunities, etc.

Kirk

Quick Reply: Drive for the Kids (NJ/NY/CT) -- Save the Date -- Saturday May 8