Notices

Cars & Croissants 2010 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures from today!

Not from today, but wanted to show a nice picture I took from a meetup last weekend. I LOVE taking pictures so if anybody wants any pictures taken please let me know. I will also be doing reviews on exotic cars, exotic car dealers, private jets and luxury Yachts and much more. Stay tuned. So if you absolutely LOVE any high end product or service, then let me know! Now to find a Lamborghini Reventon!

3yinc.com/www/firm432010/
Carl
http://www.youtube.com/user/FIXProtocol

Last edited by carlylespicks; 04-10-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the distinct pleasure and privilege of meeting the local constabulary on the Varrazano Narrows Bridge on the way home. He may have been dissatisfied with his inability to purchase a croissant this morning. As a consolation, he seemed to be impressed with my ability to do 75 in a 45 mph zone. There was no freakin' way I was close to 75. Maybe 55 to 60, tops. He took my DL, registration and insurance card and asked me twice if I owned the car. Nice guy, just a warning and I was on my way. Maybe he was just checking out bad guys stealing Porsches. If so, good for him.

Nice meeting some new people, and seeing some great cars.

Eye candy.
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks David! Nice to meet you.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:25 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Default Done for today...

Sorry gentlemen. No more pictures today. Gotta do a quick effects shoot before the sun dies. I'll post up more when I can.

Car owners:

If you want the original full resolution pictures of your car then let me know before I delete them.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by carlylespicks
Sorry gentlemen. No more pictures today. Gotta do a quick effects shoot before the sun dies. I'll post up more when I can.

Car owners:

If you want the original full resolution pictures of your car then let me know before I delete them.
I'd love one, can you PM it to me?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

No problem! I'll send it tomorrow. I'm supposed to be the Wall Street early bird, so got get some sleep now and it was a busy weekend. Went out to the Long Island meetup. Was disappointed in the Lamborghini turn out though. Most the Ferraris, Porsche corvette crowd. Still good times as always. Also got some people interested in me doing a showcase of their cars for my video spotlights I'm doing so that was good. I did a basic overview of the Maserati Gran sport 2006. NICE car! Sounds great.

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
I'd love one, can you PM it to me?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:54 AM
esses
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
I had the distinct pleasure and privilege of meeting the local constabulary on the Varrazano Narrows Bridge on the way home. He may have been dissatisfied with his inability to purchase a croissant this morning. As a consolation, he seemed to be impressed with my ability to do 75 in a 45 mph zone. There was no freakin' way I was close to 75. Maybe 55 to 60, tops. He took my DL, registration and insurance card and asked me twice if I owned the car. Nice guy, just a warning and I was on my way. Maybe he was just checking out bad guys stealing Porsches. If so, good for him.

Nice meeting some new people, and seeing some great cars.

Eye candy.
Hey Dave, thanks again for stopping to help out me and my NARP. I'll have to bring the tail dragger one day. Sorry about those donut eating TBTA cops. I'm suprised they let you off with a warning they normally don't. I'll let you know if we have any Hawk's Nest runs in the future. Are you planning on joining the Spring Fling?

Scott
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 AM
esses
Racer

Wow Carl those are great pics. Remember to practice that shifting!

Scott

Last edited by esses; 04-14-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by esses
Hey Dave, thanks again for stopping to help out me and my NARP. I'll have to bring the tail dragger one day. Sorry about those donut eating TBTA cops. I'm suprised they let you off with a warning they normally don't. I'll let you know if we have any Hawk's Nest runs in the future. Are you planning on joining the Spring Fling?

Scott
Hey Scott,

Nice to meet you and your car. I love it. Brings me back 20 years.

The pullover was weird. I wasn't close to 75. He asked "do you know why I pulled you over?" and I said I guess because I passed a car on the right hand side. Then he asks me twice if I am the owner of the car. He already has my DL, registration and insurance cards - all in my name - and he still asks me if it's mine.

I have the Spring Fling penciled in, but not 100% sure. You going?

I'm going to Lime Rock for a DE on Wed/Thur!!! Keep me posted about Hawk's Nest runs.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Thank you! I'm trying something new now. Trying to take my time and focus on making more deliberate shifts at lower RPMs. Many of my shifts are barely noticeable now but it takes a lot of effort and I'm watching the needle drop 1k before releasing the clutch. Should I also wait to drop 1k before I even shift into the gear? So, in neutral while the rpm drops, then just before it reaches 1k less mark, engage gear and then release clutch right away? Right now I do this:

Accelerate to 4k, then clutch down and gas up fast (at same time). As soon as clutch is all the way down shift to next gear. Wait for the 1k drop, then release clutch in about 1.5 seconds. I can't be looking at the needle while driving though and I tend to hit the notch between 1st and 3rd for some reason.

Sorry I did not get any pictures of your car(or did I?), but you obviously had places to go. lol

Originally Posted by esses
Wow Carl those are great pics. Remember to practice that shifting!

Scott
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 PM
esses
Racer

Hi Carl,
Shifting should be second nature to you. Don't rely on the tach. Use your senses. Listen and feel what the car is doing. On down shifts It's ok to blip the throttle to match the wheel speed when you pull a lower gear. On upshifts clutch in, grab the next gear, fully release the clutch and add power. On the track , it's a different story. The reason for being smooth is to conserve your equipment. Smooth is fast. When your out on the track the wind noise is so loud its deafening. You can hardly hear your race engine at speed ,but you can feel it and smell it. When you are in the zone you will learn to use your other senses. OK grasshopper
Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 PM
esses
Racer

Hi Dave,
Don't know if I'm going to the Spring fling it's a bit of a hike. Maybe going to Hershey in 2 weeks. I'd love to go to Lime Rock but I've got to work. I'll keep you posted about anything else local.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:29 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Default Guy in white Lotus from the last meet?

Does anybody know the guy with the white Lotus Elise in the pictures(well his car anway)? I was to send him the pictures but for whatever reason I did not get his email. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
ExigeFan
1st Gear

Originally Posted by carlylespicks
Does anybody know the guy with the white Lotus Elise in the pictures(well his car anway)? I was to send him the pictures but for whatever reason I did not get his email. Thanks.
Hi Carl,

Thats my Exige. I'm glad I found this thread. I would love to have the pictures that you took. Thanks. I'll PM you.

Richard
Old 04-20-2010, 01:05 AM
carlylespicks
Banned

Originally Posted by ExigeFan
Hi Carl,

Thats my Exige. I'm glad I found this thread. I would love to have the pictures that you took. Thanks. I'll PM you.

Richard
Sorry, I'm a little behind on my Lotus. lol. I love the car it's just you don't see that many out there. Seems like the same 360s, 911s and Corvettes everywhere. Well....Bentleys too I'm sure but I probably don't notice them half the time. Lotus, Maserati, Alfa Romeo. Now those are some rare cars.

Quick Reply: Cars & Croissants 2010 Schedule