Notices

BEAR MOUNTAIN RUN TOMORROW

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts
Default BEAR MOUNTAIN RUN TOMORROW

Finally going to have a nice day tomorrow! Have me and 2 others confirmed so far, any other takers. We are going to meet @ 1 in Millwood, NY.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Finally going to have a nice day tomorrow! Have me and 2 others confirmed so far, any other takers. We are going to meet @ 1 in Millwood, NY.
Sorry, we need a rain to desalt the roads, and I'll bet it won't break 30 up there either.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:23 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Sorry, we need a rain to desalt the roads, and I'll bet it won't break 30 up there either.
Better it doesnt break 30 today, cause then it will make the roads wet!
The roads in northern Westchester are really not bad w/ salt at all. Most has been cleared / blown off the roads already. Parkways are spotless, like 9 and 9A which lead to Bear. Can't speak for 9W and other side roads up by Bear, but if they are bad, we will stick to the parkways. Cant be too picky in the winter, unless you want a pure garage queen. I did that w/ 2 Roush mustangs I had, one had 7k on it after 7 years, the other 1,500 after 2. They were both 1 of 150, blah, blah, blah, so I didn't want abuse them. When I sold them, I realized that I was a fool that never really enjoyed them. I bought this car to drive and enjoy and today is good enough for me!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Salt washes off but summer tires dont have much grip in the cold
Old 01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We had that freaky storm last week, with an inch of snow with unseen black ice. Over thirty accidents in my small town. They max salted all the roads around here. My sneaker were dusty with salt when I took a walk the other day.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
We had that freaky storm last week, with an inch of snow with unseen black ice. Over thirty accidents in my small town. They max salted all the roads around here. My sneaker were dusty with salt when I took a walk the other day.
I hear ya, I was a little edgy on the side roads Sunday myself. Their was a little too much salt on the dam side roads up there. Now I have to touch up some dam chips in the pathetically soft paint and then 3M it for sure. I am not taking it out again this winter, until it is done. We had a blast on 87 though, coming down from Tuxedo and over the Tapp. No salt and high speed running, plenty of 120+ shoots. We didn't get pulled over, but if we did, it helps that one of my friends in our group is a NYPD detective!

Quick Reply: BEAR MOUNTAIN RUN TOMORROW