Notices

Cars & Croissants Lives! -- Saturday, December 12

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009 | 04:44 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default Cars & Croissants Lives! -- Saturday, December 12

Folks,

Abi and I both decided that we have C&C withdrawal anxiety, and we simply must get everyone together again before the holidays. Given the weather forecast, it looks like Saturday will be the best day this weekend. As a twist, if you have put your exotic to bed for the winter, please bring your daily driver. Don't be afraid -- my daily driver for awhile was a Smart car! People smiled whenever they saw me in it (or...were they laughing at me?).

So, same details:

9 am

Woodland Bakery
650 Shunpike Road
Chatham, NJ

As always, please do not park in the first 2 rows next to the bakery so their non-C&C customers can go about their business -- the rest of the parking lot is fine.

Also, we would like to encourage everyone to sign up for the Yahoo Group for C&C. This will be a great way to communicate going forward. The simplest option to register is to send an email to candcnj-subscribe@yahoogroups.com from the email address of your choice.

We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Regards,

Kirk and Abi
Old 12-09-2009 | 07:36 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool! For the record, still no salt in my section of NJ!
Old 12-09-2009 | 07:39 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

They salted the heck out of Millburn/Short Hills, it all got washed away today though.
Old 12-11-2009 | 08:41 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default See you all in the morning

Huge macho cred points for those who arrive in cabs with the top down...
Old 12-12-2009 | 01:02 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by kmeighannj
Huge macho cred points for those who arrive in cabs with the top down...

It was warmer driving with the top down and the heater on than it was standing in the parking lot.

It was worth it to see all the cars, especially the Alfa Sprint Zagato, one of my all time favorite cars.
Attached Images   
Old 12-13-2009 | 09:57 AM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default Damian wins!

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
It was warmer driving with the top down and the heater on than it was standing in the parking lot.

It was worth it to see all the cars, especially the Alfa Sprint Zagato, one of my all time favorite cars.

I must bow down to Damian as he was crazy enough to arrive with the top down on his beautiful (and rare) yellow 968. Myself -- I completely wimped out and actually had on long underwear. Damian wins the grand prize of respect (?) and admiration (?) of his fellow car guys. I think...
Old 12-13-2009 | 01:19 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by kmeighannj
I must bow down to Damian as he was crazy enough to arrive with the top down on his beautiful (and rare) yellow 968. Myself -- I completely wimped out and actually had on long underwear. Damian wins the grand prize of respect (?) and admiration (?) of his fellow car guys. I think...
I've got the optional windstop, but it wasn't that cold to be needed. I took a nice little cruise after the meet broke up, but it was under cover and in the garage by 2. Fun day, and it was fun to have a few guys happen to come upon the event and stop in.

Quick Reply: Cars & Croissants Lives! -- Saturday, December 12