Notices

Porsche Shops in the NY area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
AHI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Shops in the NY area?

I am going to be driving through NY this week, need a hose clamp replaced, and maybe some 5mm spacers thrown on the rear... (without paying an arm and a leg)

Can you guys recommend anybody?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Bklyn964Turbo
Racer

Not certain what part of NY you are referring to but if you are actually talking about the New York City area Rennwerke is a shop that services my car. They are about 20-25 miles north of the city in Westchester County.

You might need to schedule an appointment but you can give them a call and ask for Cheech or Gaspare.

914-592-4006

http://rennwerkeporschetechnicians.c...WERKE_HOME.php

BTW...you car looks great with those 997 wheels...I would have never thought about that combo looking that good.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
AHI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bklyn964Turbo
Not certain what part of NY you are referring to but if you are actually talking about the New York City area Rennwerke is a shop that services my car. They are about 20-25 miles north of the city in Westchester County.

You might need to schedule an appointment but you can give them a call and ask for Cheech or Gaspare.

914-592-4006

BTW...you car looks great with those 997 wheels...I would have never thought about that combo looking that good.
Thank you, I will call them and see if they can accomodate me on Thursday... I will be in the Manhattan area... but don't mind driving around...

Thank you for the compliment... I've since replaced them with 18" OZ Allegrita's, and I really think the 19" 997 wheels were lighter, and made my little 993 look very current.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cheech and Gaspar? That's like saying 'I've got a guy, who knows a guy, who's friends with another guy, that can take care of this problem for you'. Except you better let them know the trunk is in the front of the car, not the back where they're used to.

Originally Posted by Bklyn964Turbo

914-592-4006

Old 09-01-2009, 06:16 AM
DeutschcarNY
AutoX

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Cheech and Gaspar? That's like saying 'I've got a guy, who knows a guy, who's friends with another guy, that can take care of this problem for you'. Except you better let them know the trunk is in the front of the car, not the back where they're used to.
I take it you've never been there. Thats like saying "I have no idea what I am talking about, and have very little to contribute".
Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by DeutschcarNY
I take it you've never been there. Thats like saying "I have no idea what I am talking about, and have very little to contribute".
If you're a NY'er you totally don't get the Soprano's inside joke thing.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 AM
DeutschcarNY
AutoX

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
If you're a NY'er you totally don't get the Soprano's inside joke thing.
Isnt the Sopranos a NJ thing? Too early, no sense of humor.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:24 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeutschcarNY
Isnt the Sopranos a NJ thing? Too early, no sense of humor.
It depends. It applies to both NY and NJ, although the Sorpanos was based in North Caldwell-Newark, NJ. I know both of these areas well, being a fellow Pisano. Anyway, I hope Cheech or Chong can help you out, or someone else. Where specifically are you going to be at?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
It depends. It applies to both NY and NJ, although the Sorpanos was based in North Caldwell-Newark, NJ. I know both of these areas well, being a fellow Pisano. Anyway, I hope Cheech or Chong can help you out, or someone else. Where specifically are you going to be at?

But they were based on a family from Livingston. I dated the 'favorite niece' of a capo in the Bruno family for a while . . .

Quick Reply: Porsche Shops in the NY area?