Notices

-Reminder- May 17nth Newport RI meet -Porsches, Ferrari's, etc-

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:45 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default -Reminder- May 17nth Newport RI meet -Porsches, Ferrari's, etc-

Sunday May 17nth 10am 1st Beach parking lot in Newport RI (1hr and 15 from Boston) below www.thechanler.com hotel side of 1st beach parking lot.... We are doing our first meet for southern Ma/RI folks but of course all invited. The Newport Boat show is that week end and some other fun events in the city....

This is a MEET/Ride where after we connect, meet, catch up etc etc will be heading out for a mapped out Ocean view ride around the area.... Great way to see Newport with other car people...

PM me if your interested in attending. We have some Porsches (944, 928, 997, turbo's, etc), Ferrari's, Triumphs, NSX, etc etc... Some nice cars. This has been posted in the new england section already but just a fresh heads up here....
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 PM
GrFa
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that ocean route includes Ocean Drive I would be extra careful. The last time I was there it almost seemed like there should be 4x4 only signs at the start. Terrible pot holes and erosion of the roads there.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Newport Meet Cancelled - RAIN.........

I may still shoot down for an informal meet if enough people still want to get an informal meet together rain or shine, just PM me if you would be interested...

see below, post to follow on rennlist

It’s with great regret that I need to cancel this event... The weather is just not cooperating and seems that the forecast is getting wetter and wetter as the days draw near. I have put in a lot of time, energy, effort etc. into setting this up and no one is more frustrated then me. Sorry, just have never attended a outdoor car event in the rain and enjoyed myself....this being a meet, greet and -ride- all the more need for at least decent weather...over cast would have been fine but rain/thunderstorms could cause more stress and head aches to the event and only % of the turn out that a nicer day could bring.

I will try and get a back up date out asap...... and hope all can understand my decision to cancel. (many emails and PM's suggesting the same, thanks for the input) I could have waited until Saturday night to see if the weather changed but that won't give me enough time to warn others planning to attend. If Cars and coffee up North is still going on maybe that can be an option for the day for people?

Again sorry for the news..... and hope to be back in touch soon with a new date.

PM me any questions... Thanks all

May start a new post with the update so people know,

Quick Reply: -Reminder- May 17nth Newport RI meet -Porsches, Ferrari's, etc-