Opening Day at Skip Barber Apr 8, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Bugeye
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opening Day at Skip Barber Apr 8, 2009

Posted this on the 964 board also.

Anyone know anything more about this/planning to go? I got the e-mail below from Skip Barber. I'm on the mailing list from doing one of their classes a few years ago. Didn't look like this was promoted on their general website when I checked. Sounds like it has the potential to be crowded, but maybe there just aren't as many car-crazy folks in the region as Rennlist would make it seem, plus it's conveniently on a Wednesday. Anyway, seems like it could be a fun day, even if not Porsche-centric!

Save the date! Wed, April 8 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm) at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, Connecticut. Tell your boss you're taking the day off work. Better yet, bring your boss with you! And if you ARE the boss, then close the office and bring your staff with you. It's going to be a lot of fun for everyone!

Spring is here and it's opening day for Lime Rock Park and the Skip Barber Racing School. Join us as we celebrate the start of the 2009 season! You'll be treated to something very unique and special. The entire day is completely free to show appreciation for your loyalty and continued interest in both Lime Rock Park and the Skip Barber Racing School!

Here's what we have planned for the day:
- Free driving school Skid Pad exercises in the Mazda RX-8
- Free driving school Autocross exercises in the Mazda 3 and Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Free on-track instructor "Hot Laps" in one of our Mazda MX-5 Cup race cars
- Free on-track instructor "Hot Laps" in one of our Lotus Exige S
- On-track instructor race demonstration
- Free van rides around the race track and tours of the Skip Barber factory building
- Free food and fun for everyone!

All activities will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. There will be no advanced registrations accepted and all activities will be operated at no charge to the customer.

Stay tuned for more details to follow. Save the date! April 8!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 AM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are there any more requirements?? what time ?? ill just stay tuned for more details !!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Bugeye
Advanced

Sorry that's all I have so far - waiting for more details myself, but I think all the basic info is in there. 10am to 5pm. If I don't get another e-mail from them before then, I figure I'll just give a quick call to make sure it's still happening, but as of now I am planning to go.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Bugeye
Advanced

Unhappy

theykallmekem,

PM sent with details. No one else seems interested.

Quick Reply: Opening Day at Skip Barber Apr 8, 2009