Notices

Charleston, SC mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:22 PM
mzman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charleston, SC mechanics

I am moving to Charleston, SC next week for the summer months, and am looking for a good mechanic with reasonable rates. That way in case something breaks down I know where to go.

Also any rennlisters in that area? Maybe do a 944 timing belt party one weekend.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 PM
ekeeton
Instructor

I live in Florence, maybe an hour and a half from Charleston. I am not aware of any Porsche mechanics specifically in Charleston other than the local dealer, Baker Porsche. Not to say there may not be any, I just don't know of any.

The closest I know that I would recommend is Doc's Garage near Columbia, which will be about an hour away from Charleston. I'm sure somebody from the Palmetto region PCA has more local information.

Enjoy the summer!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:01 AM
HighEndDetailing
Intermediate

I have a friend at Mini/BMW of charleston. Brad Davis, hes the general manager. Hes a great guy! Go and talk to him sometime. He can point you in the direction of a good mechanic! He might even have 1 there for you! I know a mechanic down there but he is Brad's race mechanic... he seems to be pretty good. He has helped my dads car out quite a bit.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:29 PM
04s4_nc
Intermediate

I've heard great stuff from Autometrics in Charleston. They race in the Grand Am Rolex Series, Grand Am Koni Challenge, and NASA. Here is their website:

http://www.autometricsmotorsports.com/

I've also heard good things about European Road and Racing. They work on a lot of exotics.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:03 PM
HighEndDetailing
Intermediate

Yea brad was the 1st MINI racing in the country. He and his son still race minis for charleston.

Quick Reply: Charleston, SC mechanics