Notices

Where to buy a helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
normank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a helmet?

I am looking to buy a helmet, but would like to have the opportunity of trying it on rather than measuring my head with a string and ordering online. I am a new Rennlist member living in Palm Beach County, FL; first post. Trading Red 2005 C2 Red Coupe. Waiting, with great anticipation, for early June arrival of White GT3. Don't plan to race, but would like to participate in Autocross and Track Day events (new PCA member).
Old 01-30-2007, 04:08 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

I bought a cool one from Solo Performance. I did order it online, so there was no trying it first, but the sizing directions worked like a charm.

Here' s a link:
http://www.soloperformance.com/Default.aspx
Old 01-30-2007, 05:25 PM
normank
Racer

Thanks for the tip. Which helmet did you buy? I like your picture very much. Looks a lot like my daughter's mini.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

I got a full-face model from HJC. It fits well and doesn't make me crazy (I am a bit claustrophobic).The price was right, too, for a helmet that won't see much use outside of the occassional autocross. If I were a race guy, I would've shelled out for a Bell helmet. Whatever you get, make sure it is 2005 certified so it will pass a tech inspection at DE or autocross.

That's Trace the Porschedog. We have 4 long-haired mini-dachshunds - Trace is red, the others are black & tan), plus one we are fostering - all were "rescued" from abusive situations or were abanadoned (I would love to get my hands on the MF's who messed with these dogs). The Werewife is heavily involved in Dachshund Rescue - if anyone wants a doxie, she can arrange an adoption.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

By the way, check out the East Coast forum - we're going to be making a run on February 24 - bring your car out and coem along. I'll bring Star Brite car and boat cleaning/polishing products as "door prizes" as it were. FYI, This is NOT a PCA-affiliated, sanctioned or organized event. They had nothing to do with it, and are unaware of it, so it should be fun.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
ernie944
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can find helmets at http://www.winecountrymotorsports.com/index.html they are in Jupiter,FL.
also in West Palm Beach at Murray Speed and custom they both carry Snell SA2005 helmets
so you can try them on
Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 PM
normank
Racer

Thanks for the lead. I will take a ride up and check it out.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:02 AM
normank
Racer

Trip sounds like it would be fun, but new car does not arrive until June. C2 Red 2005 Coupe sold quick. Would be a long walk.

Quick Reply: Where to buy a helmet?