Notices

NH inspection qeustions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:18 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NH inspection qeustions...

I have a few questions about inspection in New Hampshire as I may be moving to Manchester in the next few weeks.

I know they do a safety inspection, but I'm not sure how strict they are. My 944 I'm sure would pass other than the fog light not working on the passenger side. My biggest worry is the tint on my Jetta. It's 20% all around, and I'm not sure how strict NH is on this law... does anyone know an inspection place that doesn't care? I had it done last year and really don't want to strip it off...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Billb603
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if you have already researched this but.... here's a link to law info I found http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/NH/ I use Bob's Towing in Rochester NH for inspections cheap and quick...not sure how picky they are re window tint but VERY easy on inspections in general. Irregardless of inspection sticker pass the police (especially in neighboring Maine) can stop and test tint specs on the spot and assess fines. Not sure if they are as aggressive as a few years back when the laws went into effect but suspect it depends on law officer that stops you and under what circumstances. Bob's # should be in the book or on the web. Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Manchester and I see people pulled over all the time for window tint. Hey, if you in Manchester where do you live?

Quick Reply: NH inspection qeustions...