Notices

Need a Tow Hook ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:27 AM
MelissaInNJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Need a Tow Hook ASAP!

My boxster died on the side of the road. Was driving along at about 65 MPH. Turned off defroster. Noticed an immediate power drop. Pressure to the gas did nothing....slowly lost speed until I pulled onto the shoulder of the highway I was on. Car then died. Restarting it the motor turns on and sounds great...than it dies. One theory is because my currently broken clamshell isn't flush and it was raining pretty steadily...water in teh engine???. I dunno. Either way called AAA. While waiting read manual and went looking for the tow hook. Tool kit present...tow hook not present. My choices were sign a dmage waiver and they could attempt to tow it, or leave it on the side of the highway. Though it killed me and I am thinking the worst as to the fate of my carand particularly my wheels...I left it. Now I need to locate a tow hook asap. Going to call dealer first thing in the morning. Anyone not far from Deptford (08096). Was going to try to search the registry and see if there was anyone local (if that is how the registry works), but it's not loading.

Help!

I do know someone with a Boxster (at least I think they still have it)...but they are more than an hour away. HELP!

Melissa
Old 08-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Chronos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love to help but I'm too far away.

Quick Reply: Need a Tow Hook ASAP!