Notices

Removal of front number plate in NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005 | 11:05 AM
993 Guy
Pro

Bashing on Ridgewood huh?

I live here in Ridgewood and have never had front plates on ANY of my cars. I've never been stopped or had an issue with it, but then again maybe I'm lucky. I do quite a bit of driving with a group of Ferraris and Lamborghinis in the Tristate area and they do seem to have issues constantly with front plates. This is especially true at the Midtown Tunnel in NYC since they have a specific patrol for this violation (ridiculous). Regardless, I'd rather pay the fine than have to look at an ugly plate on the front of my cars.

Oh and thanks guys for contributing to Ridgewood's coffers! j/k
Old 01-17-2005 | 06:39 PM
houldsworth1
Racer

Originally Posted by 993 Guy
Bashing on Ridgewood huh?

Oh and thanks guys for contributing to Ridgewood's coffers! j/k
I lived in Ridgewood for several years so I added plenty to thier coffers in taxes - they should probably stop me and give me some back
Old 05-05-2005 | 03:39 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

On my old car (93 Mazda MX6) I used to run it without a front plate. I can actually say that not having it benefitted me. I got pulled over coming home from a ski trip in the Poconos, I was doing around 70mph in a 45mph. The police officer walked around my car, and spotted the lack of a licence plate. So instead of giving me a speeding ticket (which probably would have cost me alot) he gave me failure to affix a licence plate. Which at the time was only a $65 fine.

Quick Reply: Removal of front number plate in NJ?