Notices

Washington DC Area Recommended Stereo Installer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 11:11 PM
bartender930club
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washington DC Area Recommended Stereo Installer?

Hello All,

I just purchased my first Porsche 2014 Boxster after years of saving up and I'm already loving it! I was hoping to get a recommendation from people in the D.C. area for trusted / reasonably priced stereo and speaker installers. I'm planning on replacing the entire BOSE system so that I can have a reverse camera and Carplay without having to waste 4 or 5 hundred on the adapter.

My problem is every place I've called has quoted me $3000+ to install a new headunit, speakers, camera and amp even tho I've bought the items to install. Sight and Sound in VA was highly recommended on google, but wanted $3500. I get that shop's don't make as much money if I'm not directly purchasing everything from them, but these quotes just seem outrageous. Is it really $3000 or more to get these things installed or am I getting the Porsche price bump.

Thank you for any and all help / suggestions. I was prepared to spend like $1000 or so on an install, just not 3x that.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:37 PM
Kshaw
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Absolute Electronic Rockville, MD

I have used these guys to install new speakers and a backup camera in my 350Z and replaced a backup camera in my Ford Escape. I have read that they are also doing the Carplay adapter installations in the Porsche. Prices were reasonable and I did not have any issues with their work. They will give you an estimate up front: https://www.absoluteelectronix.com/

Last edited by Kshaw; 04-19-2024 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:41 PM
bartender930club
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I actually found a recommendation for this shop in another thread and gave them a call yesterday. They had great reviews online and quoted $1500 - $2300 which is much more reasonable. I will probably end up going with them if I don't think I can handle the install myself or try and fail lol
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
jeffsnavely
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Angelos Car Radio in Crystal City

2900 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22305

They are low-key and will install stuff you bring, should be much less expensive than others too.

They put in a new HU I provided in my 996 (already had aftermarket amp/speakers), and added a mini powered sub on the floor behind the passenger seat.

Total cost was really cheap, can't remember exactly but like $350 including the cost of the sub which sells from like $150 (it was slightly used and they had it lying around).

Quick Reply: Washington DC Area Recommended Stereo Installer?