Notices

PPI in Fredericksburg VA

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021 | 10:58 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Default PPI in Fredericksburg VA

Hi all,

As the title says, any suggestions for a good shop in the Fredericksburg VA area? Looking at a GT4 at a dealer called Alpha Motorsports and it doesn’t exactly create a lot of confidence when I look at the reviews, cheesy sale photos. I googled but didn’t come up with any specific shops nor anything when searching RL threads. Thanks!

Brian
Old 12-30-2021 | 09:36 AM
chaos2984
Pro

Man your caught in a hard place here with no local Porsche dealers. See if you can locate someone to be able to take a look at the car for you before you come down. If you haven't tried yet, try the GT4 groups on Facebook. You might be able to find someone to go look at the car for you. If this was closer to me i would run down for you. I am super **** about big purchases and i nit pick everything.

Can you post a link to the car and I can look at the pics and see if i notice something that you have not. I am OCD about my nicer things.
Old 12-30-2021 | 11:06 AM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaos2984
Man your caught in a hard place here with no local Porsche dealers. See if you can locate someone to be able to take a look at the car for you before you come down. If you haven't tried yet, try the GT4 groups on Facebook. You might be able to find someone to go look at the car for you. If this was closer to me i would run down for you. I am super **** about big purchases and i nit pick everything.

Can you post a link to the car and I can look at the pics and see if i notice something that you have not. I am OCD about my nicer things.
Not only no Porsche dealers but I didn’t see any shops in my searching that mention Porsche as a serviced brand. This car is at a so so looking Indy dealer so I am even more cautious. I am awaiting a CarFax and I have a friend who is a tech at a dealer here in NJ who can pull service records too if the VA dealer doesn’t supply them. They are open to PPI at a shop within 10 miles.
Here is the link if there is anyone close by.
https://www.alphamotorsport.net/used...6a74faf69b.htm

Might cross post in the GT4 forum (I am not on Facebook).

Thanks.

Brian
Old 12-30-2021 | 12:22 PM
chaos2984
Pro

Humm The price seems maybe a tad high for this car. The mileage is in the low range for these cars. Looks like its had a few upgrades done to it. It has the gurney flap on the wing. It has the GTS tail lights (didn't come with the GT4) Looks like it has non factory brake pads(yellow color on the backing plate). This is as base as you can get with the GT4. Not sure what options you are looking for, you can have access to alot more cars with 10k more. Have you haggled with them for under 100k yet? I would think this car is worth 95K at best even in these markets.

Mine has original MSRP of 108k and i can probably get 120K out of it right now since it has a sought after options and only 7K miles. The Buckets and PCCB's make it more desirable. If your really looking for something, I have a friend that might sell his. He has higher mileage but its in good shape and a better deal and has options. Hes been going back and forth about selling it. I think he still has a allocation for a new GT3.
Old 12-31-2021 | 12:02 AM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Humm The price seems maybe a tad high for this car. The mileage is in the low range for these cars. Looks like its had a few upgrades done to it. It has the gurney flap on the wing. It has the GTS tail lights (didn't come with the GT4) Looks like it has non factory brake pads(yellow color on the backing plate). This is as base as you can get with the GT4. Not sure what options you are looking for, you can have access to alot more cars with 10k more. Have you haggled with them for under 100k yet? I would think this car is worth 95K at best even in these markets.

Mine has original MSRP of 108k and i can probably get 120K out of it right now since it has a sought after options and only 7K miles. The Buckets and PCCB's make it more desirable. If your really looking for something, I have a friend that might sell his. He has higher mileage but its in good shape and a better deal and has options. Hes been going back and forth about selling it. I think he still has a allocation for a new GT3.
I am not necessarily looking for tons of factory options, as I plan to modify it for track time. For instance, I have driven a GT4 with the LWB and was not impressed with how they held my frame vs the OMP I had in my last Cayman S. With tracking, don’t want PCCB either. I did post a WTB in the GT4 marketplace for people who might have a track prepped car they are looking to sell. If your buddy wants to sell pls have him reach out. Thx for your critique/feedback of this GT4.
The following users liked this post:
chaos2984 (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021 | 11:23 AM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Car has accident history. My gut instinct was correct. Not moving forward with this. Thanks for the feedback! The search continues.
Old 12-31-2021 | 08:01 PM
chaos2984
Pro

Originally Posted by Four Ring Circus
Car has accident history. My gut instinct was correct. Not moving forward with this. Thanks for the feedback! The search continues.
Well if your going to be using it for Track mainly, I would see if you can research the accident history more. Depending on what happened, you might be able to get a steal on this one. if it has accident history, Its not worth anywhere near 100k. I would say 85-90K at best. This dealer sounds like the one from FL that tried to screw a YouTuber recently with not listing the car correctly.

I am from the Annapolis area. If you need someone to look at a car in my area let me know, Id be happy to help. .
Old 12-31-2021 | 08:54 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Well if your going to be using it for Track mainly, I would see if you can research the accident history more. Depending on what happened, you might be able to get a steal on this one. if it has accident history, Its not worth anywhere near 100k. I would say 85-90K at best. This dealer sounds like the one from FL that tried to screw a YouTuber recently with not listing the car correctly.

I am from the Annapolis area. If you need someone to look at a car in my area let me know, Id be happy to help. .
My new car will definitely be a double duty car- not track only. Right now I am doing 5-7 events per year. I would love to do more as the kids get older and I have more “me” time, but my last Cayman S not only went to the track but shuttled to soccer games, filled the frunk at the grocery store, etc. So if I was going to build a track only Franken-GT4 I wouldn’t mind accident or even title issues. Bit for this search I want a clean car.
The following users liked this post:
chaos2984 (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022 | 08:23 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Four Ring Circus
I've been to that dealership when looking at Cayennes. Definitely made the correct decision not to move forward with a car from them.

Quick Reply: PPI in Fredericksburg VA