Notices

Hit by deer in Warren, NJ :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2021 | 10:48 AM
Serten
7th Gear

Unhappy Hit by deer in Warren, NJ :(

Of all the luck, just this Monday I narrowly avoid hitting 1 deer only to get tagged by a 2nd one. The damage appears to be minor and I have taken her for estimates with my go to shop Pace Collision in Bernardsville and the Porsche Approved Collision Repair place Ultimate Collision Repair in Edison. Filed a claim with my insurer Progressive. Any thoughts or recommendations from the forum?

Old 01-08-2021 | 12:39 PM
RLNTL3S

First of all, glad you are ok. This could have been 100x worse, so thank god it is what it is.

Hard to tell from the photo, can this be repaired by paintless dent repair? Is paint missing?

I hit a deer, a few years ago, more like it ran into the front of my car, an SUV, and caused a boat load of damage. And I considered that a blessing, because it didn't go through the windshield.

p.s. hitting a deer does not increase your insurance rates.

Last edited by RLNTL3S; 01-08-2021 at 12:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
peterp (01-31-2021)
Old 01-08-2021 | 01:53 PM
Serten
7th Gear

Thanks for the feedback. Agreed, it could have been much much worse (hit a stag w/my Evo on an offramp a few years back, ugh). It doesn't seem to have any paint missing but I don't want to clean up the area until it's fully in a shop and an adjuster has had a chance to assess it. So far both shops I took it to said it's too big for PDR and they would have to paint match fender and door after straightening it. Porsche approved guy even said they may need to be replaced?? I'm going to call Princeton where I bought it and see if they have any recommendations. *sigh* brand new GTS 4.0 T.T
Old 01-08-2021 | 11:23 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Glad you're OK, most important. Don't know if it's too far - probably about 40 minutes from Warren - Buckingham Collision in Buckingham PA (New Hope area). Just had a similar problem - jackass in a Volvo backed into me at a light and I needed a new bumper and some minor PDR on an agate grey 718CS - not an easy color match, etc. Came back perfect. Beyond the technical part, they're extremely good as dealing with your insurer to get everything perfect - kind of like getting a lawyer/advocate for free along with perfect collision work. They did the same for me in the summer when someone hit my wife's SUV in a parking lot. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. I was referred to them by a friend who is a BMW M guy, extremely perfectionist about his cars who had a similar experience. PM me if you want more info.

Last edited by ldamelio; 01-08-2021 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2021 | 10:56 AM
Emeka
Instructor

Where in NJ are you from? You're in good hands with Ultimate Collision on Route 1, Edison
Old 01-12-2021 | 11:04 AM
Feld
Racer

If possible to straighten panels without much filler that is your best option, less are to blend paint. Find a good shop and put your trust in them to do it right, shop choice is yours not the insurance companies.
Old 01-13-2021 | 06:35 PM
Serten
7th Gear

I'm in the Bedminster/Bridgewater area. Ended up going with a certified shop recommended to me by my guy in Princeton where they take their cars. So far so good 👍

Quick Reply: Hit by deer in Warren, NJ :(