Notices

Visiting philly from Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020 | 11:50 AM
pardnme
Advanced

Default Visiting philly from Toronto

Hello folks,

Planning on bringing the kids down for a road trip into philly from Toronto. We are looking to come mid March for March break.

We are breaking up the drive on the way up...stopping in Corning to visit the corningware museum and then drive up and stay in Swedsboro.

We plan on doing the 'please touch' museum (which is so brutally expensive - anybody have any discount links??)

and my wife found a city pass which should cover the zoo, aquarium and one more thing....we are thinking of keeping it simple and doing the observation deck, but the kids (8,6,3,3) want to do legoland.

any advice as to getting discounts?
safe/reliable parking in and around the attractions?
kid friendly restaurants - or even something that is known to be amazing in philly that is a must have?

any tips would be appreciated...

and no, this is not a trip in my 996.2 lol it's a trip in the 2010 odyssey
Old 02-26-2020 | 01:49 PM
froggert
Rennlist Member

Battleship NJ is right next to the Camden Aquarium and might be worth a look. The aquarium usually gets more crowded after noon. We try to go around opening, stay a few hours then leave as the crowds come in. There's a parking lot across the street from the aquarium and another at the Please Touch museum.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (03-01-2020)
Old 02-27-2020 | 11:07 AM
pardnme
Advanced

in your opinion can the aquarium be done in a few hours (with kids)? or is it insanely big and takes a full day?
Old 02-27-2020 | 12:52 PM
scoobasteve
Rennlist Member

What are the ages of the kids? I'm not a big fan zoos in general and both the aquarium and zoo in a short time would be too much for my kids, but that's just me. Philly has a lot to offer, museums, historical sites (Betsy Ross House, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, National Constitution Center, Museum of the American Revolution, etc.) depending on age and interests.
Old 02-27-2020 | 02:18 PM
froggert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pardnme
in your opinion can the aquarium be done in a few hours (with kids)? or is it insanely big and takes a full day?
Unless your kids are really into fish, I'd plan to stay just a few hours.
Old 02-27-2020 | 03:10 PM
pardnme
Advanced

kids are young....8, 6 and twins 3.

trying to keep the day's simple and still tire out the kids at the same time.

any recommended restaurants that are a must do?
Old 02-27-2020 | 04:40 PM
scoobasteve
Rennlist Member

City Tavern on Walnut Street in the heart of the historic district is fun - servers decked out in revolutionary time garb, 18th C. recipes but very kid-friendly selections too (chicken nuggets, etc.). Also nearby, Pizzeria Stella is excellent, and who doesn't love pizza?

Quick Reply: Visiting philly from Toronto