Notices

Central PA 996.2 (3.6 M96 engine) owners: I need a huge favor

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019 | 10:58 AM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Default Central PA 996.2 (3.6 M96 engine) owners: I need a huge favor

My 2002 C4 cab has a massive, seemingly unsolvable, fuel injector circuit/misfire problem. You can read the thread here: Baffling Fuel Injector Faults and Misfires: need help!, but after many hours of diagnosis and part swapping all evidence seems to point to not one, not two, but three successive bad DMEs (including one that Specialized ECU Repair down in FL couldn't find anything wrong with!). We just can't wrap our heads around the odds of that.

So, what am I asking? I'm hoping to find someone willing to go without their 996 for a couple of days so that my indy (Foster's Automotive in Mechanicsburg: the go-to P-car indy in the area what I've gathered) can try a known-good DME in my car. My understanding is that performing such a test without any sort of programming would require transplanting your immobilizer as well.

It's a big ask, I know, but at this point we're completely out of ideas and I'm hoping to fall on the mercies of this great community. This is my first P-car and at this point my mechanic has driven it more than I have!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Central PA 996.2 (3.6 M96 engine) owners: I need a huge favor