Notices

Anyone with a 996 C4 or C4S near Mechanicsburg, PA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 04:22 PM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Anyone with a 996 C4 or C4S near Mechanicsburg, PA?

Hello all!

I'm looking to get my first P-car and I have a somewhat-steep driveway. Using measurements I obtained from a 996 C4S owner online I've been able to build a cardboard clearance mockup (2nd picture) and tested that it should clear the worst part of the slope going straight as long as I take it slow. That being said, I'd greatly appreciate if someone in the area might be willing to stop by and help me verify using the real thing! I'm too new here to be able to use PMs (this is my second post despite lurking for a while), so if anyone is willing to help please reply here and I'll give you my contact info. Thanks!

Closest point of approach. The lower-front edge of the cardboard matches the distance-from-tire and ground-clearance numbers I was given (with pictures to make sure we were measuring from the same points).
Old 11-09-2022, 12:00 PM
kothetimeless
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyingShawn
Hello all!

I'm looking to get my first P-car and I have a somewhat-steep driveway. Using measurements I obtained from a 996 C4S owner online I've been able to build a cardboard clearance mockup (2nd picture) and tested that it should clear the worst part of the slope going straight as long as I take it slow. That being said, I'd greatly appreciate if someone in the area might be willing to stop by and help me verify using the real thing! I'm too new here to be able to use PMs (this is my second post despite lurking for a while), so if anyone is willing to help please reply here and I'll give you my contact info. Thanks!

Closest point of approach. The lower-front edge of the cardboard matches the distance-from-tire and ground-clearance numbers I was given (with pictures to make sure we were measuring from the same points).
Did you solve the issue? I bought curb ramps from Amazon, two 4-ft ones for about $80 each, have made my days real easy.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:53 PM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kothetimeless
Did you solve the issue? I bought curb ramps from Amazon, two 4-ft ones for about $80 each, have made my days real easy.
Thanks for mentioning those! I ended up buying a C4 rather than a C4S. Not nearly as pretty, but it can make it up my driveway without scraping. I never had an opportunity to test a C4S, so it's still an unknown if it would have done the same or scraped on my steep driveway.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a 996 C4 or C4S near Mechanicsburg, PA?