Notices

Splash car wash detail or splurge on Gotham

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:39 AM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Splash car wash detail or splurge on Gotham

My previous cars I used Gotham to do the full details and Gtechniq for protection. Seems people have moved away from Gtechniq, and ceramic is the way to go now. Still need to do some research, but wanted to get feedback on using Splash vs Gotham as the prices are drastically different.

i know Gotham is top notch, but you’re also paying 5x what Splash costs.

This is for a black 2010 997, which will be driven year round, and for sure needs a paint correction right now.

My my goal is to get the exterior looking great now, and then put some protectant in it so it stays relatively good over the winters.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:13 PM
hamishpotter
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

late bump. I'm in the same boat with my 2008. did you come to any conclusions, or do you have any recommendations
Old 07-08-2019, 12:18 AM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

So I have worked with a bunch of different coatings now. and I currently sell Opti-Coat and offer Cquartz as a 2-year entry level. I've worked on cars with Cquartz Finest and Reserve, Ceramic Pro and Gtechniq but have not applied them. They are all functionally the same and offer the same benefits but vary in length of coating life. The biggest benefit is easy of maintenance washing, long-lasting gloss, UV protection, and minor swirl resistance. Anyone who sells this stuff to you as an impenetrable shield you should just run from. If you are thinking about doing it find someone in your area that you feel comfortable with and takes the time to go over things with you and doesn't just try to ram the most expensive product they have down your throat. The installer is more important than the product. On a personal level do I think it's worth it? Yes, I coat my own cars mainly because I hate washing cars so much now lol.
The following users liked this post:
hamishpotter (07-08-2019)

Quick Reply: Splash car wash detail or splurge on Gotham