Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

ButtKicker Haptics

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2024 | 06:57 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Default ButtKicker Haptics

I just installed the Buttkicker Gamer Plus on my racing rig. It was a bit difficult to mount the unit securely on my racing rig, but I managed to find a stable mounting point underneath the seat. After making the audio connections, I’m in the process of fine tuning the device to provide the best haptic feedback experience. I have only run a few laps with it (at COTA) but it seems like it will be a worthwhile addition to my rig. In my initial experience, it provides excellent feedback on the road surface, curbs, etc. I’d like to get it fine tuned to the point where it helps me detect wheel spin a little bit better when accelerating out of corners.

Are there any other Buttkicker users here? Any suggestions on setup?
Old 02-04-2024 | 11:59 PM
MKIVdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I just installed the Buttkicker Gamer Plus on my racing rig. It was a bit difficult to mount the unit securely on my racing rig, but I managed to find a stable mounting point underneath the seat. After making the audio connections, I’m in the process of fine tuning the device to provide the best haptic feedback experience. I have only run a few laps with it (at COTA) but it seems like it will be a worthwhile addition to my rig. In my initial experience, it provides excellent feedback on the road surface, curbs, etc. I’d like to get it fine tuned to the point where it helps me detect wheel spin a little bit better when accelerating out of corners.

Are there any other Buttkicker users here? Any suggestions on setup?
I run a butt kicker. It really enhances the experience and feel when you are driving. The main things I have turned up, are the shifts, curbs and sense of speed.
Old 02-05-2024 | 09:13 PM
peterp
Drifting

Shakers can add a lot. I prefer Aura Pros's over Buttkicker (never really loved my Gamer 2, maybe the Gamer plus is better). Using two shakers (driven by left and right audio signals) will give you more side to side feel while still maintaining a simple configuration. You can also do four shakers using SimVibe software (requires dedicated soundcard for shakers though). There is some more information staring at this post in another thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/e-sim-ra...l#post19160309
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (02-11-2024)
Old 02-10-2024 | 08:25 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

I have one on my rig and switched it over to use iRacing kicker support. I love feeling the upshifts on the cup car, all in all it really adds something to the experience. When it isn't on, you notice something is missing. Have fun!

Quick Reply: ButtKicker Haptics