Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Multiple wheel setups for iRacing

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 12:00 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Multiple wheel setups for iRacing

Does anyone here use different wheels in iRacing? i.e., a GT style wheel for cups and other GT cars and then an F1 style wheel for any of the open wheelers? If so, do you have to reset and recalibrate each time you swap or will iRacing recognize the wheel once you have done initial calibrating? I have run the same MOMO as in my cup for most of my iRacing time. It has worked fine. I upgraded to an F1 style wheel for the dual clutch aspect on standing starts. It works great. However, when I use that wheel with GT cars, I think the diameter is a bit too small and it is very hard when making tight turns (say the hairpin at long beach). Just no way to wrap and unwrap my hands quick enough. Once I swapped to the F1 wheel, it took me a bit to get it dialed in. When I went back to GT cars, I finally had to go back to my older GT wheel. It took me too much time to get that setup correct again. I'm really hoping that once you calibrate, iRacing will recognize it. But as my dad used to say about hoping, wish in one hand.......... I'd like to hear from anyone who does wheel swap. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:11 AM
mlct
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Unless you can work out the very same button signals (not sure what those are) I don't think it works. I added a button box, that obviously stays the same, to cover features I want when I switch wheels. As it turns out I hardly ever switch. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:31 AM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

I believe you can have different setting per wheel in iRacing. In the OPTIONS window under the DRIVE tab, once you have calibrated your inputs, if you check the box "Use Custom Controls For This Car." in the lower left it should save those wheel setting for that car.

The following users liked this post:
mlct (04-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Multiple wheel setups for iRacing