Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Frustration...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 12:46 AM
EXFIB
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by grega99
I've been having a great time with sim racing. Originally got into it to stay sharp in the off season and learn new tracks. I've had a blast in some of the races as well and even some oval races. I went fairly high end with a solid PC (specs below), rig, wheel and pedals. Build info below if that helps. Very happy at this point. We'll see what it translate to this year on the track with being my first year in a 991.2 Cup racing.

PC
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
GeForce RTX 3080 12GB video card
Triple 27" monitors (ASUS VG278QR 27” Gaming Monitor 165Hz Full HD)

Rig
Advance Sim Racing ASR 6

Wheel Base
Simucube 2 Pro with Simucube Tahko GT-21 wheel

Pedals
Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate+
Just wondering if you are still happy with everything you purchased in your system, I'm looking at building one very similar. Did you build your system yourself or was delivered assembled? Ty

Last edited by EXFIB; 11-21-2023 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:04 AM
Squeaky
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

If anyone is unsure about upgrading, I would suggest going to a sim lounge and trying out what they have and see if you like it. Local retailers will have demo units for you to try before you buy as well.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:51 PM
peterp
Drifting

Received 749 Likes on 451 Posts

MicroCenter has really sharply increased the quantity and quality of sim gear they have in stock (e.g. SimuCube, SimLab, Cube Controls, Gomez, Moza (a quality budget brand), etc). Much of the equipment you think you'd have to mail order they actually have in stock. They also have a display sim rig that you can drive (at least the one in our area does), though you can't really sample different equipment on that rig.

Quick Reply: Frustration...