Cayenne Panoramic Roof Deflector Hinge Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Canadian Bacon
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Panoramic Roof Deflector Hinge Problems

Hello Rennlisters!
I'm a newbie porsche owner and new to this community.

I have recently purchased a bit of a "barn find" 2009 Cayenne V6 with less than 30K on the odometer. This P!G is in pretty mint shape, but I knew there was a problem with opening and closing that infamous 1st generation Panoramic Roof that I am hoping to fix now that our Canadian summer is finally here.

I'm wondering if any other 955 or 957 owners have experienced the problem I am having and can give me some advice:

Upon opening and inspecting the panoramic roof, I discovered that both of the "Deflector Hinge" mechanisms that help guide (and tilt up) the trailing edge of the deflector panel at the front of the sunroof are broken. I've attached a picture of one of the broken guide 'fingers' that moves the glass deflector panel upwards when you open the roof, and locks it down flush with the other panels when you close it.

I found this broken piece at the front of the left side track that the other movable panels slide along. The mirrored twin of this same piece was also broken off on the right side.

From online research, I believe the broken parts are part of an assembly that is Porsche part number 955 562 904 00 (Right and Left) which is called a "Sunroof Deflector Hinge" on all of the Porsche Factory Parts Diagrams I have found online. What I am trying to figure out is whether these parts can be replaced working only from the 'topside' of the open sunroof, or if the entire panoramic roof has to be pulled or accessed from under the headliner in order to replace them?

There is also a part called the "Deflector Hinge Cover" that I am trying to figure out how to remove to get a clearer idea of how the hinge parts work. Besides just going at it with a plastic trim pry bar I'm wondering if there is a simpler and less risky way to get them to come off. I have searched high and low both here and on the interwebs looking for shop manual or other instructables that talk about swapping out these parts, but so far, no luck.

Have any other 955 or 957 Cayenne owners here with Pano roofs had experience with these deflector hinges breaking?
Is this a repair that a reasonably skilled DIY'er could attempt, or should I just take it to my local dealership? (I'm a little bit scared after reading some of the other pano roof horror stories on this forum.)

Any advice from someone with firsthand knowledge in this area is MOST appreciated!

Thanks!

This is the broken guide finger from the Deflector Hinge on the Driver's side rail of the pano roof. It would be great if anyone can share pics of what the entire deflector hinge assembly looks like.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:23 PM
bt2013
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would this get more views in the main 955 forum?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Panoramic Roof Deflector Hinge Problems