Notices

Added Panavise Phone Mount to Cayenne 955

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 01:09 AM
cgrupp81
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Added Panavise Phone Mount to Cayenne 955

Posting my latest accessory find for my Cayenne G1 friends. I had been using a pop-socket phone mount for about a year after my daughter gave it to me for my birthday. Worked pretty well with my iPhone 12, and to my surprise stayed in place the entire time I used it. But I wanted something a little more secure and angled to my view for easier unlocking and safety. I looked through all the options online and stumbled upon on a 2 piece Panavise system, which looked pretty solid. So I ordered both parts from Amazon (around $45). You can also order direct from Panavise for around the same price. Just installed it today and thought I would share a few photos.

The install requires careful removal of the front bezel from the PCM area of the dash. Then remove the PCM radio / nav head unit (or Sony in my case) by removing the 4 torx T20 screws. Slide it out of the way. Next, and this is the slightly tricky part...loosen the PCM main bracket frame (4 torx T20 screws) and inner radio cavity bracket frame screws (2 more T20's). It's not as bad as it sounds and Panavise includes a decent set of instructions with the kit. At this point, the good news is that you dont have to remove the entire bracket frame which holds the emergency flasher, heated seats section and all the way down to the climate controls...you only have to loosen it enough to slip the custom metal Panavise cellular mount behind the upper right hand corner. Then just reassemble all the screws and radio in reverse order.

Once the metal mount is in place, you simply attach the second component which is the phone holder. It's a 2 part assembly which first adds a small plastic plate to the metal mount using 4 phillips screws and nuts (included in the kit) and then snap on the actual phone holder. First impressions are that this is a very good quality system. It looks sharp, it's sturdy, and the 4 rubberized "claws" clamp the phone securely in place. Total install time was about 30 minutes. Here are the part numbers.

Metal mount for Cayenne: 75132-203
Phone holder: 15575

Another nice benefit of this system is that if you sell your Cayenne and buy something very different, there's a good chance that you can order the custom metal mount for the new car/SUV. and your current phone holder component is universal to all of them. Check the Panavise website for cars they support.

PS...If interested, I have a separate thread for the Sony Radio install and ashtray replacement.
The following users liked this post:
lkraav (09-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Added Panavise Phone Mount to Cayenne 955