DIY - 991 DIY info for the 991

Windshield washer fluid cable

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Kevin Kline
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield washer fluid cable

New here so apologies if this is posted incorrectly.
My 991.1 targa4s stopped putting windshield washer fluid on the windshield. The headlights work, so know it’s not the motor. With further inspection, I found this (see pictures). Does anyone know where I can order a replacement hose and how best to install it?

Old 09-14-2020, 01:22 PM
WAM
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Interesting, I have this same issue on my 991.1. Its never driven in the rain, however on one dew filled morning I had reason to finally use it the wipers an windshield washer fluid. When depressed the washer fluid button, I noticed the lack of water coming through the windshield nozzles. I also observed the same broken hose in nearly the same spot. I'll fix it and update you with my findings.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:24 PM
WAM
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-diy/...placement.html
Old 01-23-2021, 12:42 AM
fluguy
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a common part that breaks due to a continuous stressed bend. Might try and replace the broken section of plastic hose with a more flexible hose. My 2015 is broken in that same curve right now and my shop recommended replacing the bent/broken section with a better flexible hose on my next visit. I had already ordered the replacement kit so they will mod the new kit with a better hose. An OEM hose kit is around $25.

Quick Reply: Windshield washer fluid cable