Notices

Aim question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Aim question

i had a great time at Laguna Seca last weekend, but when I downloaded my data I got a few surprises. My car is a Radical SR3 and my system consists of a MXL Pista dash with a Smartycam HDGP using the "b" antenna (the one that only works with the smartycam.

The surprises:
1) The memory card in my smartycam filled up so I only got video for the first 2.25 sessions. I understand the issue.... I should have emptied the memory card beforehand. The good news is that I did get video of my fast lap of the day
2) When I downloaded the data from my pista I had data from only 3 of the 4 sessions and there were only 2 laps from session # 2 and the Pista data did not include my fastest lap.

Any idea what caused this issue? Is there any way to salvage the data from my fast lap?

Thanks for the help,
Charley

Last edited by CharleyH; 07-01-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Does it show your data as one long laptime?

If the dash is working correctly, it should record anytime their is more than ~500 rpm or ~5 mph. So, assuming it was getting GPS info from the SCHD, it recorded everything with the GPS info. Then you can do a GPS lap insert and it should correct everything.

If it didn't get GPS, then you may be able to find a marker in the data and add your own lap marks, but that would be a lot tougher.

When you open the data file, what does the GPS info look like?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:23 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

I looked at my data and there is one ten minute lap, but it looks like perhaps the lap timer started while I was waiting on the grid. I compared the AIM lap times to the timed laps and it looks like the AIM data recorded session three and four, but not one and two. But the smartycam recorded sessions 1, 2, and part of three before the memory card got full. My best lap was in session 2 so the smarty cam captured it but the Pista doesn't seem to have. Very strange.

Charley
Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

It would be very odd that the dash and the camera would have recorded different things. Is the camera set to record based on a speed or by logger command?

What does the GPS info look like in the 10 minute lap?
Old 06-30-2017, 12:39 AM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

The camera is set up to record based on speed. The 10 minute lap starts at my trailer and loops around to the pregrid and then shows me going around the track and stops at the start /finish line.

Name:  2017-06-29.png
Views: 541
Size:  58.9 KB

Last edited by CharleyH; 06-30-2017 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:38 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Another bit of information is that the first session was very foggy... I don't think this was a contributing factor because it seems like the camera had an adequate gps signal for the first two sessions but the Pista dash seems to have missed the first tow sessions. This is very strange and nothing like this has ever happened before.

Charley

Quick Reply: Aim question