Notices

MoTeC Track Maps for Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:46 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default MoTeC Track Maps for Dummies

Can anyone give me a through understanding of track maps in MoTec? I was always frustrated that I would spend 10 or 15 minutes editing a track map so that it matched the actual turn count and turn names, only to find the next time I went to the same track, the track map was back at the default and I'd lost my work. I _think_ I stumbled upon insuring the name of the venue was consistent. This seemed to work OK. It's been repeatable for a few events now.

However.... I decided to switch to a new laptop for track days. I downloaded the MoTeC apps from the MoTeC web site and let them install in the default locations. I then copied over all my old venues, track maps and dash configurations and data from the old laptop to the new one. I opened i2 for the first time (default circuit workspace) and then opened one of my recent data files. The track map was the default, not my own edit.

Why does this happen? I'm hoping to get our entire team of four cars (all Clubsports) on the same venue and track maps. However, as it stands, I'm looking at having to replicate all the edits by hand on each and every car. Surely there is a better way, no?
Old 06-09-2017, 09:19 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you using I 2 std or Pro? I just modified a map in I 2 Std (latest version (X64)) and was able to jump to different cars and the data kept my track changes. I closed and re-opened I2 and even looked at data back to 2007 and each time it pulled up my modified track. However, the Venue name was always the same. If I opened data from the same track with a different Venue name, it reverted back to the pre-set track.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:34 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

This is for both. I have several years of i2 data, but late last year upgraded to pro logging, so I'm now using i2 Pro. I'm mainly concerned with i2 Pro , since the old data is for a completely different car.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To ask the obvious question - did you save your workspace before you close i2Pro (with the edited map)?

It's been a while since I edited a map but I do think I changed the venue names from the default track name. Then when I set up the storage location and venue before I run, I simply point to the alternative name. I recall having to delete the MoTeC supplied info for Miller because i2Pro could not understand that I was running the full track and not the two halves. No matter what I did it simply reverted to the half where it saw S/F first.

You could also look for the storage location of the map to be sure you don't have an issue with it looking in one place for the map while the information is in a different place. IIRC, by default MoTeC seems to install some files in the root directory, some in the programs area and some in the users area. I've tried to move everything to a single place so I don't have duplicate "data" folders floating around in different places.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

I believe you have to be consistent in your names.

Maybe Peter can help. He's a MoTeC dealer.

Quick Reply: MoTeC Track Maps for Dummies