Notices

iOS10, Bluetooth and XGPS160

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 04:04 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default iOS10, Bluetooth and XGPS160

If you have seen my other posts, I've always had significant reliability problems with the XGPS160 bluetooth connection. It takes many attempts to get a connection and even then it drops now and again. My Go Point ODB has always been rock solid (in the past).

Well, at AX this weekend, running HLT, I lost my iPhone 6+ BT connection to the XGPS and my GoPoint ODB (which has been rock solid). Later, I read that after an OS upgrade, BT and Wifi can be iffy and a 'Network Settings Reset' fixes things many times. As I had just upgraded to iOS10, I gave it a try.

It seems to have worked. Now here is the odd thing. Using the XGPS app, or HLT or TA, I could never get a connection to the XGPS until the green light was on indicating it had a satellite fix. However, now, both the XGPS app and HLT will connect to the XGPS before a fix and warn 'No Fix (but connected)'. This is great! Since I find it hard to believe that the XGPS app and HLT apps were updated to include this feature with IOS10, it seems like something unlocked by the IOS10 upgrade.

Moreover, although sometimes I have to disconnect and then connect the XGPS from the phones BT settings, many times now the XGPS just connects to the phone on its own when powered on like most BT devices. This is new to me as getting the connection was always a struggle in the past.

Has anyone else had the same or similar experience? Has anyone found any other changes, perhaps attributable to IOS10?

db

Quick Reply: iOS10, Bluetooth and XGPS160