How to get AIM Solo / RS2 map into SmartyCam

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 02:02 AM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts
Default How to get AIM Solo / RS2 map into SmartyCam

I'm going to NJMP Thunderbolt tomorrow. This track has two configurations -- the main config is without chicanes. However, the track map showing up in GPS manager has the chicanes.

I have lap data from my Solo DL in the RS2 software. Is there a way to export the GPS map data from RS2 into the format that the SmartyCam needs?

It looks like the GPS manager can import a GPK, KMB or KML file but I can't figure out how to get those out of the RS2 software.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

If you have data from the track config you want to use, go into GPS Manager and select the track you want to change the map for on the left hand side of the screen. Then click the wrench icon to the right of the track name. There should be a button for "load shape." Once you select that, you have to give it a GPS file for the track. The GPK file that RS2 uses works perfect. The default location for these is C:\AIM_SPORT\RaceStudio2\DATA. Select the file you have with the right track shape, so ok (it might be open), save the track edit, and then transmit it to your Smartycam.

Quick Reply: How to get AIM Solo / RS2 map into SmartyCam