Notices

Where did all my laps go (Solo DL with SmartyCam)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 01:00 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Where did all my laps go (Solo DL with SmartyCam)

Used my new setup (Solo DL + SmartyCam) for the first time last weekend in Buttonwillow, Sat and Sun
I just wanted to download all the sessions to RS2 but all the data has disappeared from the Solo DL. The only thing left are the "phantom recordings" when the Solo records the way to the grid.
No idea what happened here, any ideas?
Old 05-21-2016, 10:40 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Left on the Solo or in RS Analysis? If Analysis, make sure you don't have the box on the top left selected that says "selection criteria. "

If on the Solo, did you do download and clear or just download?
Old 05-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

They're all gone from the Solo, so I could never import them into RS Analysis.
All the "phantom recordings" are from after my last session of the day, when I went to the tire shop and got gas etc. Everything before is gone, at least I still have the recordings from the SmartyCam
My only explanation is that I must have hit "clear test data" before that, even though I can't recall doing that and it sure as heck doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:01 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

To insure there is no memory packing issues, clear the test data on the Solo DL before you go back out.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I had this happen once. A long time ago
I clear the unit daily and never had an issue since
Well,except,when I cleared some data myself and lost a days data before downloading.... Ugh
Old 05-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

The memory is circular, so when it fills up, it starts to overwrite the oldest data. It should not cause any trouble.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

It shouldn't cause an issue. But...

Did you get video from your SmartyCam for those sessions?
Old 05-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Hi,

yes I got the videos with Telemetry from those sessions.
This was the first time for me using Solo-DL + SmartyCam and I was making loads of adjustments (with your guys help) and I think that the most likely scenario was that I did something wrong while making an adjustment and accidentally deleted all sessions.
I just came back from Sonoma Raceway and I had no issues there, so I guess it was human error.
Thanks for all the help
Old 06-01-2016, 09:50 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had the same problem with my new Solo DL + SmartyCam setup. Got home to download the data and nothing was on the Solo. I did nothing with the Solo prior to getting home so I know I did not delete anything. I used the normal Solo before and never had an issue with the data.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I just had the same problem with my new Solo DL + SmartyCam setup. Got home to download the data and nothing was on the Solo. I did nothing with the Solo prior to getting home so I know I did not delete anything. I used the normal Solo before and never had an issue with the data.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting
Old 06-02-2016, 03:16 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts

I just had the same thing happen to me. Drove last Mon - Wed and left the Solo DL in the car the entire time. Had previously cleared the data from my prior event. Was recording laps as had in predictive mode and at the end of runs would show me my 3 fastest laps of that session. End of last day, load the car up in my enclosed trailer and drive the 5 hrs home. Next day, unload the car and take the Solo out to download the data and compare against my video (SmartyCam). When I look in the Solo, it had 97 sessions, all ranging from 6 to 54 seconds long. All showed zero revs. Had someone more experienced with data trying to help me and sent the data files. He sent the data to AiM. From the GPS plot, the AiM rep figured out that what was recorded was my trip on the highway while the car was off, without the key in the ignition, while in the trailer after I crossed the border from Canada back into the US. Talk about "ghost in the machine". I have zero data from 3 track days but data from the car in the trailer as I towed home. I wonder if the NSA had some drone tracking me the entire way home....
Old 06-02-2016, 05:52 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ELange0322
I just had the same thing happen to me. Drove last Mon - Wed and left the Solo DL in the car the entire time. Had previously cleared the data from my prior event. Was recording laps as had in predictive mode and at the end of runs would show me my 3 fastest laps of that session. End of last day, load the car up in my enclosed trailer and drive the 5 hrs home. Next day, unload the car and take the Solo out to download the data and compare against my video (SmartyCam). When I look in the Solo, it had 97 sessions, all ranging from 6 to 54 seconds long. All showed zero revs. Had someone more experienced with data trying to help me and sent the data files. He sent the data to AiM. From the GPS plot, the AiM rep figured out that what was recorded was my trip on the highway while the car was off, without the key in the ignition, while in the trailer after I crossed the border from Canada back into the US. Talk about "ghost in the machine". I have zero data from 3 track days but data from the car in the trailer as I towed home. I wonder if the NSA had some drone tracking me the entire way home....
Erik, that is maddening.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:29 AM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Erik, that is maddening.
I have an amazing trace of my trip down the Northway from Lake Champlain to Albany !! Even gave me total time, so I now have that as a "lap" to compare against going forward I guess !!
Old 06-21-2016, 04:11 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Just a quick followup to my issue. It turned out to be a bad cable. It would power up the SmartyCam from the Solo DL, but no data. The cable had a very sharp bend in it near the connection, which is why I suspected it. Importantly, "part" of the cable worked (power) but other connections were bad, apparently. Anyway, lots of data and video now to look at and ponder over.....
Old 06-21-2016, 04:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Great news!

Quick Reply: Where did all my laps go (Solo DL with SmartyCam)