Notices

track App

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Rpompea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track App

I found Harry's Lap timer on itunes and it has turned out to be great, its what I wanted 20 years ago and now its in the palm of my hand. growing up with startrek its cool to see the tricorder is almost here, its called a smartphone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harr...338257907?mt=8

just thought I would share, no affiliation other then satisfied user.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:47 PM
993Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Harry's is great for what it is. I've been using it for a few years. First stand alone, then added external GPS, and most recently a GoPro, since the newer iPhones introduce jitter in the video. I just completed my first track day of the season and ended up with almost no data, and not all that much video.

I was using a beta version, so I can't complain. That said, I'm here looking for something a bit more reliable. I'm leaning toward a Solo or Solo DL. Kind of wish I did that before buying the external GPS and Camera. YMMV.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:50 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Yep. There's just so much more you can do with the Solo and Solo DL. HLT Pro was the first phone app I bought and with the VBox Sport, works pretty well. But beyond pretty video with some intelligence on it, there is no substitute for a bona fide logger and robust software program.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: track App