Notices

Segments on measures?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 12:40 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Segments on measures?

For some reason I'm not seeing the segments on the top of the measures/graphs windows. The split report works fine. The other thing that looks odd is that I don't get the segments on the GPS map either. Not sure if I changed something to do this, but have looked at every setting/options screen I can find but haven't found it yet.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Caddell
Instructor

You have the 'Snap' mode set wrong. Click on the icon in the upper right corner of your screen capture that looks like a double headed arrow in between 2 rulers.

Your current setting is allowing the data to NOT be snapped to a lap, or also said as you can float your data without regard to the Start/Finish line.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:36 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Great, thanks Roger, had to be some thing simple that I was missing.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 AM
cetom
Instructor

Default snap

roger ,thank you for the explanation but can you also explain why (or when) you would want to use snap function
thanks
Old 07-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts
Default Segments on measures?

It's great for quickly matching 2 runs that have an offset or if you want to look at something that goes across start/finish. It's also good so you can zoom all the way out and see trends through a whole run.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Matt has been paying attention at a couple of seminars... also putting in a few hours in the software, right Matt? :-)

Matt hit the main 3 reasons to use the Snap Function but there is also a larger point to be made, I like to make sure that users understand that the "Measures Graph is Boss".

Many functions that you use in the Race Studio 2 software will be displaying information that is calculated from what is being viewed in the Measures Graph screen. The best examples are Histograms, X/Y Plots, Suspension Analysis, and Engine RPM Analysis (Horsepower). This allows the user to quickly and easily study these functions for a single corner, a single lap, a segment, or even the entire race. The Snap Function allows the user to not only do what Matt mentioned above but to also view larger chunks of data (the entire 2nd half of the race for example) in different functions to see larger trends.

The best way to see this in relationship in real time is to open the GPS function and the Measures Graph. Then after making the Measures Graph the active window by clicking on it, zoom into the data in the Measures Graph and look at the GPS map, only the data you are showing in the Measures Graph is showing in the GPS view. Then enable the Snap function and zoom in and out and watch what happens to the data shown in the GPS view. The same thing is happening in many functions in the Race Studio 2 Analysis program.

I expect to add a more detailed AiM Sports LearnFast video on this subject in the coming months.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 PM
cetom
Instructor

Default snap

i look forward to the learn fast video. i understand the theory but can not visualize how to actually use this
there are time that i want to see how i am doing in a particular turn . maybe i want to see if i am carrying max g's consistently through out a run . i find it difficult or cumbersome to do this
thanks

Quick Reply: Segments on measures?