Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts
Default AiM MXS Release Announced

AiM has stated the MXS, a mini MXG, will be released 15 days from now, which puts it the week of Feb 9th. I would not say that is a hard date, but seeing how it shares internals with the MXL2 and MXG, I would say that date should not be far off.

I think this dash will be a very popular unit. Offering a full color display in a package the same size as the MXL2, it gives you lots of display options and when the custom screen configuration program is done, you'll be able to make your own setups.

For anyone who wants more details, check them out at http://www.trailbrake.net/featured-a...ease-announced Also, if you would like to preorder or get on the waiting list, please let me know at matt@trailbrake.net.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Other than offering a color display in the MXS, are there any functional differences between the MXL2 and the MXS? As I understand the differences, why would anyone want a MXL2 over an MXS?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

The dashes have the same guts, so they do the same thing. The only difference is the display. The choice is really about how you want to see things. It's a personal preference.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

No functionality differences between any of the three. All form-factor...

I do think it's interesting that two year ago, MoTeC introduced their 5" color display/logger, the C1X5 series, then introduced last month the 7" version of the same thing, the C1X7 series.

AiM starts with the 7" version two years ago, then decides to offer 5" in the MXS.

I'm selling, on average, five or six MXL2's for every MXG, and I have not had any interest in the MXS, yet. Not going to advertise the MXS until it's in my hand, either! Been there, done that.

MoTeC made an interesting presentation at PRI 2012 about the efficacy of driver's information assumption and color, which is why all their monochromatic dashes (CDL3, SDL3 and ultimately, the ADL3) are or will be discontinued.

I think the MXL2 is a great package! I like the backlighting, the resolution and the layout. After setting up many of these systems, unless you have a full complement of sensors (or ECU channels), you're going to have a lot of unused and redundent screen real estate on the MXG and perhaps, the MXS.

Most older drivers need more real-estate and larger characters to read them. Really important. Sad, but true! <grin>

As Matt says, you pay your money and you make your choice.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you Matt and Peter! Very helpful!

Quick Reply: AiM MXS Release Announced