LOOKING FOR: Used Vbox OLED Display

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 10:33 AM
wannaberacer1
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR: Used Vbox OLED Display

Hi all,

I am searching for a used Vbox OLED display to pair up with our HD2 setup at present. Pls PM me if you are willing to sell yours or have a spare or a lead to someone who may sell theirs!

Thank you all.
Old 07-29-2024, 11:08 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by wannaberacer1
Hi all,

I am searching for a used Vbox OLED display to pair up with our HD2 setup at present. Pls PM me if you are willing to sell yours or have a spare or a lead to someone who may sell theirs!

Thank you all.
Sounds like you're looking for the discontinued black ABS plastic RLVBDSP05. Best place to look is the VBOX users group on FB.

The new Mini display is really, really good. Has Delta-t and Delta-v LEDs and many more latching functions. I'd buy one of those, personally.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-29-2024, 11:11 AM
wannaberacer1
Track Day

I would prefer the larger blue OLED display in case you ever stumble across one but I will check out that FB page! Thank you
Old 07-29-2024, 11:19 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wannaberacer1
I would prefer the larger blue OLED display in case you ever stumble across one but I will check out that FB page! Thank you
I think used OLEDs are much more rate than used HD2's! And used HD2's are rare as hen's teeth! Good luck!

There are two versions, the older discontinued 04 and the new one (07) with the black face and the LED's.

More expensive than the old ABS plastic ($630 new) and the new Mini ($675) but if you need it, you should get the newer one. A LOT better and more full featured.

https://en.racelogic.support/VBOX_Mo...s/OLED_Display
Old 07-29-2024, 11:23 AM
wannaberacer1
Track Day

Done and done, just going to get the 07!
Old 07-29-2024, 01:42 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

You'll be much happier with that. The display options now are fantastic, compared to the older units.

The OLED actually has a processor, memory and an OS on it's own, the new one is substantially upgraded and much more capable.

Don't forget the LED options. Delta-t, delta-v (speed versus reference at ANY point on the circuit, ahead or behind) as well as Lat g, lon g and vMin targets as triggers.

I have a lot of clients and teams that have gotten very creative to make use of these tools to help the driver while STILL OUT on the circuit.
Old 07-29-2024, 01:51 PM
wannaberacer1
Track Day

We are just HPDE folks but I love having a benchmark and always trying to improve so current idea now is to use the reference lap feature from circuit tools to export best laps from our circuits of choice and load those in as comparisons to know how far off the mark we are. Also, love that you can just have it use best lap from current session if you so choose so you don't always have to be chasing an overall best time but rather just improving throughout a session. Probably won't ever use G setting but the Delta-t and delta-v are very intriguing!

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR: Used Vbox OLED Display