Notices

Vbox hd2 V1

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 08:05 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Vbox hd2 V1

Can anyone tell me how to access the vehicle can database in the setup config for vbox? My only options currently are racelogic module or user config. There is no drop down to select the vehicle can database. I am connecting it to a Motec CDL3 and have all the wiring done just can not seem to access the database. All the instructions say it should have been included with the software install?

Thank you Heath
Old 06-23-2024, 08:50 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoelife
Can anyone tell me how to access the vehicle can database in the setup config for vbox? My only options currently are racelogic module or user config. There is no drop down to select the vehicle can database. I am connecting it to a Motec CDL3 and have all the wiring done just can not seem to access the database. All the instructions say it should have been included with the software install?

Thank you Heath
You need VBOX Video, which is the app to set up the scene, or configuration file. These are the directions to the VBOx to tell it what it's connected to, what to show on the background of the screen, when to stop and start, etc, The scene, when it's done, can be saved to the root level of the SD card and inserted into the HD2 after it has been powered up and booted,

This is a two step process, You need to configure MoTeC in your Dash Manager to add the VCS Compounf Full Transmit or HD2 template to the signals sent out via the MoTeC CAN at the correct bus speed. Then, in your scene configuration in VBOX Video, you select from the top left corner the "CAN" setup page from the drop down menu, this has the connection settings on the bottom of the page and allows you to associate the channels of information to elements, or animated values or icons on the background of the video. The MoTeC is limited, but has all of the channels needed to do comprehensive driver analysis.

Glad to help you further. It's my business. Once done, it's set for life!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-24-2024, 10:34 AM
tahoelife
Racer

Peter thank you, I just got a response back from Racelogic. My problem was in the Vbox video software I was not able to access the “vehicle can database” it was only offering me the user config or racelogic options. They emailed me the file so I’ll be uploading it today. Then if I am still stuck I’ll let you know.

Heath
Old 06-24-2024, 11:20 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Wierd. Always can access the top drop-down to select car makes and models.

Select from top dropdown to open vehicle CAN database

When you tell it what you are connecting to, it shows where and how to connect to the car.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:25 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

For MoTeC: Here's a sample scene

Here's a sample MoTeC scene from a Super Trofeo with a MoTeC C185

All of the channels that come through with the preloaded template. You can do more, but you would have to build your own template on both sides (MoTeC and VBOX)
Old 06-24-2024, 11:51 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Here's the guide from MoTeC and VBOX for their official link up and how to connect the systems to one another. MoTeC decided to end production of their own video solutions some time ago and forged a relationship with Racelogic to use the HD2 as their preferred video solution.

Attached Files
Old 06-24-2024, 02:08 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Those are my only choices , however I now have the file from Racelogic. Thank you for everything.

Quick Reply: Vbox hd2 V1