Notices

Dead VBox HD2

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 01:39 PM
psychlox
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dead VBox HD2

Bought a VBox HD2 bundle in December 2020. Had it installed professionally. First use in 2021 failed; needed a firmware upgrade. Second use worked great. Got injured (off track) and missed a bunch of seat time. Tried to take it out in early 2023, flashing green LED and communication error on screen. Tried intermittently to connect and to flash firmware but never was able to get it to work. At my most recent track inspection, I asked the shop to take a look - by now there were no LEDs on at all. Sent it back to RaceLogic - they are telling me that "there is damage to the main processor - the unit was most likely powered incorrectly". They want me to send it back to the UK and estimate $1,300 to fix.

There is no physical damage on the unit. The battery in the car has never had any issues and has not been replaced so I don't know what "powered incorrectly" means.

$1,300 to fix a $3,600 device that's been used successfully once seems like a bad solution to me.

Any suggestions or advice ?
Old 10-23-2023, 01:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Go to the top.

People to get in touch with in the US include Paul Ferreira (US Motorsports Head), Reid Scott (USA Racelogic office head), Jonathan Holman (UK and worldwide motorsports head) and Julian Thomas (MD of the company).

It's a larger company, not limited to Motorsports, that's only a small part. But in 550 units sold from 2016 to when I sold my equipment business in 2021, I've never seen this issue.

Good luck. I did send a couple notes to try and jog loose this conundrum.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following users liked this post:
psychlox (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 04:54 PM
psychlox
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Peter;

I think the secret is me following up directly with the right people ;-) Thanks for the direction.
Exchanged emails and phone calls with 2 RL people so far. I think my situation got lost somewhere in the numerous threads back and forth but it looks like they're going to get this all fixed for me.

So.. looks like situation resolved !

The following 5 users liked this post by psychlox:
Matt Romanowski (10-23-2023), ProCoach (10-23-2023), sonorous (10-25-2023), stellman (10-25-2023), tgibrit (10-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Dead VBox HD2