Notices

Recover possible corrupt SoloDL extract?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 04:28 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Recover possible corrupt SoloDL extract?

Was at VIR the last two days. Good data on Tuesday, four sessions, about 8-11 laps each (including the in and out laps). Extracted data Tuesday evening, did some RaceRender, etc. PB of 2:05 then 2:04.6.

Lap manager looks like the first picture below.

Ran two sessions yesterday (Wednesday). Was down to 2:03.x in first session and then a 2:02.x in second session. Saw these on track and then looking at the on-screen memory when back in the pits.

Went to download the data today and instead of a bunch of 2:xx laps, I see no real data, just a 10 min lap, then a 13 min lap, then a 1 hour lap (??) then another 1 hour lap, then a bunch of short, no more than 1 min laps. Second screen shot. The earliest time lines up with the second session.

The problem is that data from on-track exists in any of these "laps" from yesterday. Max RPM is 3371 on one of the laps, 1929 in two others (seems suspicious that the same max RPM is in two "laps").

I suspect data from these two sessions is corrupt. Is there any way to work around this?

Also, I do not download/delete, only download. Seems all data from Tuesday is gone (no big deal, already downloaded) and the first sessions from Wednesday is gone.

Any ideas?
Attached Images    

Last edited by johnsopa; 03-09-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 04:55 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Looks like you are using RS and it sounds like you simply need to a GPS lap insert. In RS2 the button is two tabs over in your first lap manager picture. Your Tuesday data is not gone. Sine you already downloded, it is hidden. I believe there is a way to "unhide". I am sure there is a way to do this in RS3 also, but I am not too familiar with that yet.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Romanowski (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 05:00 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Shoot, I figured out what happened. I think.

I got an engine performance notice with instantly reduced power coming under the bridge before the esses. I checked mirrors then pull off right and drove behind the barrier.

Turned off car and restarted. Sure enough the first gps point for that first session on the solo is right at the spot where I restarted the car.

Everything before that restart is gone. Even after checking the show hidden button.

I suspect something got corrupted during the ecu notification.

Any ideas?

Last edited by johnsopa; 03-09-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 05:02 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Looks like you are using RS and it sounds like you simply need to a GPS lap insert. In RS2 the button is two tabs over in your first lap manager picture. Your Tuesday data is not gone. Sine you already downloded, it is hidden. I believe there is a way to "unhide". I am sure there is a way to do this in RS3 also, but I am not too familiar with that yet.

Old 03-09-2023, 06:03 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

I called Aim in VA and they haven’t heard of this before.

But, at least in my case, the ECU notice and/or turning off the engine and restarting caused all data to be deleted, even though I didn’t connect a laptop to download/delete the data.

Would love to know if there’s a way to recover data. Aim didn’t think so.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:53 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by johnsopa
I called Aim in VA and they haven’t heard of this before.

But, at least in my case, the ECU notice and/or turning off the engine and restarting caused all data to be deleted, even though I didn’t connect a laptop to download/delete the data.

Would love to know if there’s a way to recover data. Aim didn’t think so.
Just to clarify: You open Race Studio 2, you connect the AIM Solo DL, you click on the Download Data button and when the download window pops up, there is no data displayed? I have never seen a car erase logger data.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:35 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

I don't have a RS2 device to check, but I remember RS2 being able to hide downloaded files as well. I've never heard of a log going away on its own.

Quick Reply: Recover possible corrupt SoloDL extract?