Notices

AIM timing fields help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 11:38 AM
iamuwere
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AIM timing fields help

@Matt Romanowski @ProCoach do you know how to make a triggered running time field on an Aim display?
I want a field that shows elapsed time in a session from the first GPS trigger.

This would be really useful in a say a 20 minute qualifying session. A count down would be overly complex to program lengths, but a cumulative time field would be useful.

I have tried setting the current elapsed time field to do this via changing the recording start parameters (say speed >40mph and xxxRPM) but this doesn't really work well if there are any full course yellow or black flag all situations since the recording stops.

Doing this from first GPS start/finish trigger would be far easier.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2023, 12:30 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Which device? I could probably do it with a PDM and a button input. On an MXx dash, I don't know if it could be done. The only way I can think of is to change the logging parameters to try and include a lap count, but that will exclude a lot of data and is a bad plan. I think the best you'll get in the dash is rolling session time. You might just need to get a cheap kitchen timer.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:06 PM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

I tried for days to configure a gps and button-based timer for pit stops in my PDM, It cannot be done. Made a sugestion to the Aim people at PRI.

Quick Reply: AIM timing fields help