Notices

Vbox HD2 set up issues for newbie

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 10:42 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts
Default Vbox HD2 set up issues for newbie

Trying to get my Vbox set up and working correctly and having a hard time getting the right track and lap timing working. I originally used the Vbox the first time at Road America. Track loaded and timing was working fine. Then I brought the car back to Apex Motor Club which is my main track. I can't get the system to drop Road America and load Apex. Here is a screen shot of the screen set up I built and here is a screen shot of what I got yesterday at the track. I called Vbox on Friday and they said I needed to set the auto track to auto detect which I did and loaded to the vbox via SD card, but still didnt' work. Next thing is to get the Aim dash talking to the Vbox to get RPMs and brakes/throttle on the video as well. I have a wire running from the Aim to the Vbox, but still not working either. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 11-14-2021, 11:30 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Pretty straightforward. Glad to help offline and with a phone call. PM me and I’ll call you. Who’d you buy it from? They should be your first contact, but I’m glad to help.

Reason why it “held” Road America is because there is no Apex track loaded in the database on the unit. You may need to build an Apex specific scene and then ask Racelogic to add it to the track database. Then, the Auto Track map will switch back and forth.

On the AIM, you’ll need first to add the SmartyCam stream config to your logger, so it knows to send the information out. Then, you’ll need to add that under CAN to the VBOX scene and check the boxes on the top right at the right bus speed to receive it. Once it’s done, it’s bulletproof.

I’ve sold and support over five hundred HD2’s, more than sixty to cars using AiM (including mine). Let me know if I can help. I have more experience in the field than Racelogic USA on using these systems.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-14-2021, 11:32 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Doesn’t look like your scene in the HD2 has any individual measures (VBOX calls them “elements”) to allow visualization of the information sent from the AIM, either.

For quicker response from me, send me an email under my profile.
Old 11-14-2021, 03:37 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Doesn’t look like your scene in the HD2 has any individual measures (VBOX calls them “elements”) to allow visualization of the information sent from the AIM, either.

For quicker response from me, send me an email under my profile.
Thanks. I will send you an email. I bought it directly from Vbox. Called them and they are almost no help.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:47 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Let’s fix it together. Got your DM.

Quick Reply: Vbox HD2 set up issues for newbie