Notices

Gopro cameras - Data analysis and video overlays

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 05:01 AM
Heinrich2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gopro cameras - Data analysis and video overlays

I’ve come across some very cool software to try out with my GoPro CAMs, saw it in a Facebook advert. I’m new to the data analysis thing so just wanted to see if anybody had used it before?

I like the idea of doing the video overlays, but I’m mostly interested in the data analysis to try and make the most of my track time and master the tracks.

Software is from Race Technology:
https://www.race-technology.com/gb/gopro

Has anybody used this or something similar before?

Do you have any tips for the data analysis, I’ve got the basic idea but are there any top tips of things to look for?
Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,867 Likes on 1,682 Posts

Yes, it’s very good, assuming the camera is located in an area that gets a good GPS signal.

R-T Analysis, the software program, has been around since 2001, and is now on its tenth revision.

The learning curve is steep for those unfamiliar with analysis in general, simply because you must set up the windows to scale and to present the information you want. New users to analysis don’t necessarily know what or, more importantly, how to look at the collected information.

Start simply and add just a few things in the beginning. Most users find a speed versus distance trace (which contains the most valuable information), a longitudinal g versus distance trace (braking and acceleration results), split times (allowing you to identify areas of best individual performance) and colored maps (GPS maps colored with channel values like speed, longitudinal g or combined g, even time gain/lost) to be the most valuable.

Worth every penny for those with GoPro Hero 5 through 8, the GPS enabled cameras.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Gopro cameras - Data analysis and video overlays