Notices

Alarm Light Issues with new GS/Evo4s

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:17 PM
ajsmithvmi
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Light Issues with new GS/Evo4s

First I want to thank Matt Romanowski for getting me set up with an awesome system. I’ve installed the system in an e82 BMW. I’m posting here because the depth of data acquisition knowledge is far greater than the BMW forums.

Probably due to user error, I’m having an issue with the alarm lights. I have the dash configured to light up the lower LEDs when my traction control activates. (I did this mostly just for fun as I can physically feel the DSC activate. Yes...I leave it half-on during HPDE.)

The strange thing is these LEDs started going off when I power on the unit. This only began about 24 hours after I installed the system.

I scanned the car with a code reader and don’t have any that indicate a DSC error. There’s no DSC icon on the info screen either.

The car is up on a quick jack, starts up fine. I’ve contacted AiM USA, and was hoping an AIM wizard here could also chime in.

Thanks for helping out a new member!
Old 02-18-2019, 11:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Do you have a greater than and less than mixed up in the alarms? That it a miss selected channel can do this. Selecting any channel instead of all can cause problems too.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:33 AM
ajsmithvmi
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's set to "all" greater than 0. I will try setting it equal to 1 and see what happens.

Last edited by ajsmithvmi; 02-19-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Alarm Light Issues with new GS/Evo4s