Notices

Most useful AIM SOLO page configurations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 03:26 PM
axisac
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most useful AIM SOLO page configurations?

I wonder if people might share what they choose to display on the various SOLO 2 DL pages....
Old 02-15-2019, 03:33 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,006 Likes on 601 Posts

+/- or Predictive
Old 02-15-2019, 03:38 PM
axisac
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
+/- or Predictive
what are "rolling time" and "rolling session time" useful for? time limit races/sessions?
Old 02-15-2019, 03:41 PM
The boy
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I really like my screen with the last lap, best lap, and speed all together. I find it very useful when club racing.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:00 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,006 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by axisac
what are "rolling time" and "rolling session time" useful for? time limit races/sessions?
Rolling time is since you last crossed start/finish. I don't find it particularly useful for the driver since it requires you to know what a good time is at that specific point on the track.

Rolling session can be nice just to know how long you'be been going. It's helpful if you are fuel limited or have a time requirement.

I find the +/- best or predictive to be the most beneficial to drivers giving them real time feedback on what they are doing.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:11 PM
axisac
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Rolling time is since you last crossed start/finish. I don't find it particularly useful for the driver since it requires you to know what a good time is at that specific point on the track.

Rolling session can be nice just to know how long you'be been going. It's helpful if you are fuel limited or have a time requirement.

I find the +/- best or predictive to be the most beneficial to drivers giving them real time feedback on what they are doing.
So if I want to see Delta plus time on lap time I would display PT+/- and LapT... or maybe make a PreT/PT+- and Best page....

Or, If I display just PT +/-, will the solo show the lap time once you cross start finish?

and while I'm at it... why does the unit keep turning itself on when charging from the wall outlet?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2019, 05:18 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,340 Likes on 1,895 Posts

To keep the display font size readable, two fields are plenty.

The most valuable information a majority of the people I work with use is your PT+/- on top, Rolling Lap Time on the bottom, or PT+/- on top, Best Lap time on the bottom. You can set the duration of the current lap time to show for a set time in those lap time fields after crossing start/finish.

If you unit is cycling, the battery may be low, the firmware may be old or the connection at the plug is wonky at the Solo 2. It does start with any power application, but you can turn it off and it will indicate charging with a red blinking light.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Most useful AIM SOLO page configurations?