Notices

AiM SmartyCam HD Focus

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:17 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AiM SmartyCam HD Focus

I have one of the early cameras, not the current model. It is mounted in a typical location on one of the cross braces of my roll cage just to the right of and slightly behind the driver's head. The problem I'm having is the camera provides a clear image inside the cockpit but the image through the front windshield is not as clear. I'm attaching a screenshot of a recent video as an example. I'd prefer a crisper image of the track and I'm willing to forgo some clarity of the cockpit. There is a way to adjust exposure, and I've played with that a little, but I still can't seem to get a crisp image of the track in front of the car.

On second thought, after looking at this screenshot, it doesn't really look like the cockpit is in such clear focus either. Any suggestions? Are the newer camera models any sharper?
Old 09-21-2018, 07:40 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

The new cameras are better, but that does look off . I would call Roanoke and talk to Cameron. It's probably worth sending in and seeing if the can re-align the lenses (I can't remember the correct term). It has to go to Italy for that last I knew, so it might be an off season thing.

Quick Reply: AiM SmartyCam HD Focus