Notices

Simple Way to move Solo DL data?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 06:16 PM
gene.will
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simple Way to move Solo DL data?

Is there a simple way to transfer Solo DL and Smarty Cam data/files to a new computer? Want to pull everything over including profiles, ,data, movies, etc.

thx for any suggestions
Old 10-21-2017, 06:38 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,891 Posts

So, I update computers every six months because of my work at the track.

Personally, I send all of the downloaded data files to my Dropbox folder (C:/Users/computernamehere/Dropbox/DATA , in Windows 7 Pro) so that I can access them from any computer. This also allows me to seamlessly upgrade without any issues.

If you wish to transfer Solo DL data files to a new computer, save the folder C:/AIM_SPORT/RaceStudio2/DATA to your backup media and, after installing the latest AiM Race Studio 3 release from www.aim-sportline.com "Downloads," (RS3 includes the latest version of RS2), paste or drag and drop your backed up folder from your old computer to the folder named C:/AIM_SPORT/RaceStudio2 on the new one.

You will have to open RaceStudio 2 and "Import" your old files ONCE, then you're done. If you haven't installed RS2 on the new computer, you could "point" the new installation to a DATA folder you place in an area you can remember on the new computer and suck it all in that way.

On the video, most folks save video somewhere else. Usually, Libraries/Videos in My Documents or an external HDD. Just back up to media, and transfer to the new computer.

HTH.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-21-2017, 06:52 PM
gene.will
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Will give this a try
Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

You will have to export you profiles from the old computer and import them on the new. Same for math channels (though they are saved in the data files). Profiles are in the file menu and math channels are under Modify.

Also be sure to set up things like multi window and colors if you have custom items set up.

If you have hundreds of data files, you can't import them all at once.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:57 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,891 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
If you have hundreds of data files, you can't import them all at once.
You can move the DATA folder to the new computer and once there, import the individual data files bunches at a time.

The Dropbox solution has been terrific for me. More than 10,000 data files (and now RS3 generated folders), accessible at any computer.

But I had to start a new method by directing the download pointer to put them in that folder, before it automatically propagated among the other computers.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:23 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
You can move the DATA folder to the new computer and once there, import the individual data files bunches at a time.

The Dropbox solution has been terrific for me. More than 10,000 data files (and now RS3 generated folders), accessible at any computer.

But I had to start a new method by directing the download pointer to put them in that folder, before it automatically propagated among the other computers.
Correct on importing bunches at a time. That is what I said (echo).

Dropbox is a nice solution for sync, but not the best for backup. The only hassle is that you have to remember to import the new sessions to all the other devices every time you add them.

Quick Reply: Simple Way to move Solo DL data?