Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts
Default F1 adding biometric gloves

F1 is requiring biometric gloves for all drivers next year for accidents data. It would be interesting to know who already has it. http://www.motorsport-safety.org/new...rash-data-2018

I also like that I'm ahead of F1 on something
Old 10-07-2017, 02:26 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are awesome!
Old 10-07-2017, 11:00 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Matt, can you share with us info about what you are doing in this area?
Old 10-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by M_Weining
Sure. I do driver biometrics with heart rate and body temp. I find it those two things give lots of driver related data (exertion level, stress, fright, fitness, etc). I can add blood O2, cockpit CO2, and others if need be.

I was talking to someone who does lots of tire testing at all different levels and they do all this plus other more proprietary measures. It all tells the story of why the driver did what they did.

There isots if this at high levels that we just don't publicly hear about.

Very cool stuff.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by M_Weining
Sure. I do driver biometrics with heart rate and body temp. I find it those two things give lots of driver related data (exertion level, stress, fright, fitness, etc). I can add blood O2, cockpit CO2, and others if need be.

I was talking to someone who does lots of tire testing at all different levels and they do all this plus other more proprietary measures. It all tells the story of why the driver did what they did.

There is lots if this at high levels that we just don't publicly hear about.

Very cool stuff.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:13 PM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski

There is lots if this at high levels that we just don't publicly hear about.

Very cool stuff.
Hi Matt. Which system are you using? My background is psychobiology and I am interested in psychomotor performance enhancement. I just installed a Yellowcog in my cup to log physiological data along with the Motec data. I am using a Zephyr Bioharness. I am interested in expanding the data acquired. Robust EEG and eye-tracking wound be great, but so far there seem to be issues with the systems I have seen.

We had trouble with the CAN after the Yellowcog install that is being chased down now.

Have you used the swallowable bluetooth core-temp pill or any biometric gloves?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by neuroguru
Hi Matt. Which system are you using? My background is psychobiology and I am interested in psychomotor performance enhancement. I just installed a Yellowcog in my cup to log physiological data along with the Motec data. I am using a Zephyr Bioharness. I am interested in expanding the data acquired. Robust EEG and eye-tracking wound be great, but so far there seem to be issues with the systems I have seen.

We had trouble with the CAN after the Yellowcog install that is being chased down now.

Have you used the swallowable bluetooth core-temp pill or any biometric gloves?
I've been using the Wireless Motorsports systems, but the Yellowcog systems look very nice as well. I talked to them at Autosport last year and some follow up as well.

I haven't done core temp or biometric gloves yet, but have started looking. I was talking with someone who does over 120 days of tire testing and they had some other interesting driver biometric measures that I'll be exploring as well.

I've found not everyone has your interest and passion for knowing about the driver.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:03 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I've been using the Wireless Motorsports systems, but the Yellowcog systems look very nice as well. I talked to them at Autosport last year and some follow up as well.

I haven't done core temp or biometric gloves yet, but have started looking. I was talking with someone who does over 120 days of tire testing and they had some other interesting driver biometric measures that I'll be exploring as well.

I've found not everyone has your interest and passion for knowing about the driver.
I suppose when all cars are autonomous, we'll have to do psychoanalysis on the software programmers rather than tighten the nut behind the wheel!

Quick Reply: F1 adding biometric gloves