Notices

Help with rally stuff available!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - those look pretty spindly compared the inverted strut design of the Bilstiens or DMS 60's. Have you had any problem with leakage? I bent three GAB housings, then blew up four of them before moving to the Bilteins.

Clearly the GAB "rally" version is much stronger than the version (Supers?) I was using. They didn't make a Rally for the car I was running so never had the choice!

RK
Old 01-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

The picture may be deceiving. These are quite robust. There has been no leakage, no softening, no issues. We do tend to stay on the road as much as possible - so I think that helps

I installed them late in '99 and have run anywhere from 2 to 4 Performance rallies per year since then. They are holding up nicely. I am dreading the day when they need replacement. You can't find them anymore and the alternatives are going to be expensive.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah - I feel your pain. The transition to Bilsteins was pricy - but the confidence factor and peace of mind was worth it.

I hear this confidence factor is ten times stronger when you move to REAL rally suspension like the DMS 50's or 60's.

Yoiu might want to look at them when the time comes?

RK
Old 01-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Paul Flintoft
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Suspension

By DMS, I assume that you mean Jamie Drummonds 60mm shocks. These are ok (made in Albury. N.S.W). For the Asia-Pacific Championship stuff I do (not in a Porsche) we manage to break 1 or 2 sets each event. Suggest you look at Proflex or Rieger custom made stuff if you are serious. Murray Coote would be a good person to chase up regarding Proflex. They are an investment, but you can make your own roads.....

Paul F.

Quick Reply: Help with rally stuff available!