Notices

Omaha Nebraska concours/paint correction?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Omaha Nebraska concours/paint correction?

Looking for a high end detailer in Omaha/Lincoln area. Any suggestion referral appreciated.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Cory at Exotic Detail is your guy!

http://www.exoticdetailofomaha.com/
Old 02-08-2017, 02:15 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Yup. I searched and searched and that is the only one I could find that seemed up to speed but it helps to hear someone recommend them. Thanks
Old 03-08-2017, 11:36 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. $1400. They appear to use CarPro products exclusively. Have a nice setup. Went with a CQuartz. Not a full paint correction but otherwise a fairly thorough treatment. I wish detailers would list every step and product they use at this level. Put on a partial expel clear bra. A separate vender in the same building did that and made a few little mistakes and in doing a price reduction I calculated that he made a huge mistake in the taxes to his favor on the first bill. Back to the detailers they had another tenant in the building take photos of the finished car and gave me a dropbox link so that was cool. I met Eric but never Cory but had phone correspondence with him.

Next time I might try Veloce Brothers in Papillion. I found them from the regional PCA flyer.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:13 PM
mpower4life
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

curious, what was the mistake made on the film job?
Old 03-25-2017, 11:36 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Towards the right hand corner of the hood at the windshield a small section of the film apparently got cut incorrectly so it was missing. We are talking about something that was roughly a square centimeter. Then there were numerous bubbles. These were things that I just caught by spending a few moments looking at the car. Being a white car the bubbles were tough to see. He gave me a syringe to pop anymore I might find and then the film should self heal. Removing the bubbles is actually a lot more difficult than it sounds. 2nd obvious thing he missed was a bubble on one the headlight lenses since behind the lens is black mostly. In hindsight maybe would not have done the partial expel wrap because you can see the lines when the car is dirty and I am not sure how well cQuartz coating works on Xpel (if at all?). The edges looked pretty good. There was not the issue of wrinkles going around edges - I don't think it's supposed to go completely around edges like some color wraps. All in all it wasn't a big deal since I got the price corrected and its on a Ford not a Porsche. I think some people here would have been upset.

The following link does not show the mistakes just the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/brsvilyzv...An5AfdaPa?dl=0
Old 10-21-2017, 10:37 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Continued Problems. Roughly 3 months later in June. Sorry very delayed post.

And probably sub 3000 miles. *SIGH*

Quick Reply: Omaha Nebraska concours/paint correction?