Notices

Foam cannon and clear wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:00 PM
krobertson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Foam cannon and clear wrap?

A while ago I started washing all of my cars with a foam cannon and currently using Chemical Guy's Honeydew Snow Foam.

My GT3 is my first car that has a full body clear wrap, and when I washed it yesterday, I found the snow foam did pretty much nothing to it. I still used a microfiber mitt on the front and a few places to get bugs off of it, and when I rised the car I could still see dirt all over it and a clear line from where I had used the mitt.

Here you should be able to see the spot just behind the front wheel where I used the mitt vs the rest of the door:

Anyone else using a foam cannon with a clear wrap? Recommend a soap or something to try out?

My guess is that the Chemical Guys one just isn't the right one for that type of surface and isn't able to loosen up the dirt.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I use Adam's Shampoo (blue). I don't use the MTM as the only means of washing my car. It's part of the process to loose dirt in order to make it easier on the paint when using a mitt. Also, I don't like using the pressure washer on the PPF.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:55 AM
krobertson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
I use Adam's Shampoo (blue). I don't use the MTM as the only means of washing my car. It's part of the process to loose dirt in order to make it easier on the paint when using a mitt. Also, I don't like using the pressure washer on the PPF.
Thanks. I was sometimes doing just the MTM when it was only a little dirty. In this case, it was 3 days after buying the car and the dealership had just washed it. I've washed it a few times since and it seems like the wrap likes to attract virtually everything.

Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:48 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrap

Originally Posted by krobertson
Thanks. I was sometimes doing just the MTM when it was only a little dirty. In this case, it was 3 days after buying the car and the dealership had just washed it. I've washed it a few times since and it seems like the wrap likes to attract virtually everything.

Thanks again.
Did you have anything applied to the wrap? Wax, Sealant or Coating (Preferred)

If not, have one of these applied and then you should get better results. The foam gun is used just to loosen the dirt and start the cleaning process, but as stated, you will still need to wash with a mitt.

HUMP

Quick Reply: Foam cannon and clear wrap?