Notices

Zymol

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:37 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil you should definitely use Lehm Klay as it removes all contamination from the paintwork and gives a really squeeky clean finish and feel.It is a MUST, at least once a year. What you have to be careful with, though, is that the part of paintwork which you will be cleaning at the time must be lubricated (i.e. constanly sprayed with its lubricant -TIP- you may also use Zymol's Autobathe washing shampoo) so that the clay bar moves freely onto the paintwork, otherwise there is a possibility of actually causing paint damage / scratches.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cheers will give it a try.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:47 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

hi,

even if i am using Zymol products....can anyone explain to me what's the diff between the Lehm Klay and the HD Cleanse?

thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 10:56 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Harris,

HD Cleanse is basically the pre-wax cleaning/cleansing of the paintwork, to remove light scratches/swirlmarks/and paint oxidisation as well as previous wax applications to enable the new wax to bond. It also gives the paintwork its depth.

Lehm Klay removes all accumulated 'dirt' such as road tar/bird droppings as well as overspray etc. which becomes embedded into and penetrates the paintwork. One could say Lehm Klay removes paint dirt which is more 'felt rather than seen'. One way to check this is to take the plastic wrapping of a cigarettes packet (which has the ability to exaggerate/amplify these impurities) put two fingers in it and softly run over your paintwork - you will understand what I mean once you do it. Then treat that very same spot with Lehm Klay, and repeat the process with the plastic wrapping - feel it once again - you will immdiately see or rather feel the difference.

Over here, most -if not all- good paintshops use Lehm Klay immediately after a new paint job.

Hope I've been helpful.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 01-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by emilios
Kalimera Harri,

use HD-Cleanse with an applicator and buff the area using medium to high pressure - STRAIGHT LINES ONLY, NO CIRCULAR MOTIONS - repeat procedure 2-3 times or untill it's gone. For deeper scratches, use HD-Cleanse more liberally using the above procedure but then leave HD-Cleanse on the paint for a couple of hours and then wipe - the scratch should 'heal'.

Let me know how you get on. I may be coming to Athens in the next 10-12 days, I can bring some HD-Cleanse Professional (slightly more aggressive) with me and we could give it a try.

Best regards

Emilios
I mean no disrespect here at all, but paint cannot "heal". You never remove a "scratch" but rather you remove or level down the paint the surrounds the scratch. In other words paint is removed to the level of the scratch.

Leaving some HD cleanse on the paint will not do anything. This is like saying leaving wax on my car while I drive it around for a few days will make it bond better. Just an urban myth.

Again not seeking to insult but rather inform, please do not take it as an insult or put down.

Thank you,
Anthony
Old 01-13-2005, 02:54 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

No offense Anthony,

this is a public forum where we all share experiences and expertise, so nobody's wrong or nobody's right. Something that might work for someone and not for another and so forth. BTW, I am not affiliated with Zymol and/or its products in any way or capacity, I'm just a very happy customer and user of their products. I did however watch an in-depth detailer's demo, and I truly saw results - hence my 'commitment' to their products.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 04-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Miracle
4th Gear

You should always klay, before any polishing or waxing! Otherwise you could be polishing and waxing over inbedded contaminants.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:11 AM
silvermilnec
Track Day

Hi all i'm in leeds, and i too had the complete zymol kit bought as a present, i've never looked back, the only advice i would give is wash only with water for the few times after waxing, then wash with the zymol clear cleanse, i only cley bar once a year and wax about 4 times a year. Have you tried their wheel cleaner, it's great. and by the way if a tight yorkshireman can pay for zymol it must be good.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Miracle
4th Gear

Zymols the best, and the most expensive product in the world!

anyone a fan of the white carnauba waxes zymol do:

Destiny, Atlantique, Vintage or Royale?
Old 04-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Res Ips
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try tech wax by McGuires. I don't know what the big thing is about working 8 hours to get the shine and protection you can get from a product that is technologically superior. I've heard it all and I've done it all with 100% Carnuba wax products, Zymol and P21...The new products are out. They are better and faster and I'd put the finish and shine on my car up against a Zymol done car any day of the week...What do you have to loose. Try it.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

The waxes you may have worked with might of had carnauba wax in it but it was not "100% carnauba wax".

NXT leaves a nice finish but it is short on the life span as as far durability is concerned. So if one desires durability then Zaino is a good choice but it can leave the car too plastic looking. For paste waxes Collonite is a great product to try. Liquid waxes, because they contain more solvent, usually produce a nice finish but don't tend to last very long.

It is a give and take area. Some of the more durable sealants do not, when used alone, produce a super glossy finish. Products that do produce a super wet finish have little to no protection.

Anthony
Old 04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

This is my car after the drive up to Red Rock in Nevada outside Las Vegas. I use Granite Auto Grooming in Las Vegas. Rich Light is the owner. He manufactured his own wax after finding flaws in every other product he's tested. So after searching for the best detailer I could find in the states, he happened to be right in Las Vegas. This is the result. That's actually the mountains in the background, not a mural painted on the side of the car. It was also almost 110 degrees where every scratch in the clear coat will show. He guarantees in writing no swirlmarks or rasberries. European car said in print that it was the nicest black paint they've ever seen on any car. Was a tossup of best paint between my car and another at the Russo and Steele auction in February. Just thought I'd share. If interested, I believe they have a website at graniteautogrooming.com. If you try it, let me know what you think. If you get the same results, maybe I'll tackle it myself next time.

Note: I tried to resize the photo to fit here. It may come out blurry which will defeat the whole point, in which case I feel like a complete idiot and I give up.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!! I give up!!!!!! OK, when resizing pics and you shrink them with photo shop, then try to enlarge them back, they get blurry. Any pointers!?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

DFAST....

Load up the original picture in photoshop then go to "image" then to "image size".....in the "image size" box scale it down to 640 pixels by 480. This is if the picture is a digital picture.

Are you scanning this picture in from a 35mm film print? If so that is a different process. Once you shrink the pics you can't resize them larger because you lose pixels and it distorts the picture, much like you have experienced here.

Anthony
Old 04-28-2005, 03:34 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Thanks Anthony. Streckfu's 951 helped me out a lot too. Got it figured out. Here is a better pic

Quick Reply: Zymol